Sunday, April 2, 2017

dear best friend forever




i want to listen to old records with you,
and sing at the top of our lungs to higher in the car with
the windows down and the wind in our hair.

i want to take long walks with you down to the river to skip rocks
and make crowns out of wild flowers for our hair.

i want to watch hello dolly and jane eyre with you,
eat ice cream at 1am, get up early and go take pictures of the sunrise together.

i want to stand with you in, in silence
and look up at the sky,
and think about how amazing life really is.

c.r

something i wrote for my best friend who lives 1,000 away 


28 comments:

  1. This is the sweetest thing ever <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww this made me emotional because my best friends live super far away from me too! Lol

    Hailey
    www.haileyhudson.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh I know exactly how you feel! <3

      Delete
  3. This is so sweet and awesome and incredible! Also this could so be an amazing song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh really?! Thats a cool thought! Thanks! <3

      Delete
  4. Love how this illustrates friendship. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! And Jane Eyre - this is speaking my language, haha. I miss my two besties so much honestly, and it's super hard knowing I'll only get to see them once a year or so.
    Beautiful post Clara!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss, its so sad, but it makes it 100 times more special when you do get to see them tho! <3

      Delete
  6. This is beautiful. I feel the same way about mine 😭😭😭

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh long distance friendships are so hard. I have a best friend who lives 2,000 miles away . . . and man is it difficult!
    Lovely poem. <3
    Jane Eyre is amazing!!!

    Sophy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sammmme....its awful sometimes!
      Thank you!
      IKR?!

      Delete