Sunday, January 29, 2017

Amateur Schemer #NaNo2017 || A Peek Into My Writing Space


I'm planning to do Camp NaNo in April. I AM SO EXCITED, GUYS! Besides for a short book, this is my first time to write a full length novel! I already have file folders and Pinterest boards with photos of each of my characters and an analysis of their part in the novel. I also have been working on creating character traits that aren't physical. I honestly hate it when authors describe their characters with flowing hair, perfect figures and deep blue eyes. I will be trying to describe their actual character, if you know what I mean. The stuff deep down in their heart.  I will also be getting the Snowflake Method plotting help book on Amazon soon to help me out a bit. This awesome article  has been amazing! I have it printed out and put in my writing folder along with other guides and writing encouragement. I think I am dwelling too much on plotting right now. I probably just need to get on word documents and start writing, but I am a planner and a schemer, AND I CAN'T HELP IT. I am the type of person who will stick to my plot no matter what, and that scares me. I hope it won't hold me down from being creative.  


So, welcome to my desk. This is where I spend most of my time after the house is quiet and I just need to chill. I'll probably be spending a lot of long afternoons and late nights of NaNo here with my piles and piles of history books from the library, lined paper and gel pens. The most stressful part of writing historical fiction is the research, but I love history and reading, so its gonna be okay. Just a little stressful and in depth. XD I am so excited for my plot and my characters! Its gonna be an amazing journey, guys! 


Basically, I'm planning on listening to an obsessive amount of the Jane Eyre sound track, my darling: Collabro and drinking boxes and boxes of my beloved black tea. I'm probably going to be getting about 5 hours of sleep at night, hiding from all human existence for the 30 days of April, pretty much evolving into a living mass of hermitness with each passing hour, but I AM SO EXCITED! 

15 comments:

  1. WHOOP WHOOP - YOU CAN DO IT. nano is da best. legit. What's your word count goal?

    *is jealous of how prepared you are* heh. I have soooo much to work on with my new novel XP XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! I am gonna try for 80,000 words. What about you?

      Delete
  2. Go you! I'm sure you'll do well, and all your planning will surely pay off. :) Also, you like Collabro?! I may have been known to obsessively play a few of their tracks on repeat, so it's nice to hear of someone who agrees! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessica! <3
      OMGOSH! ANOTHER COLLABRO GIRL! OMGOSH THIS IS SO COOL! I LOVE THEM LIKE SOOO MUCH <3 (everyone says I'm overly obsessed with 'dem boys)

      Delete
  3. YES GOOD JOB GETTING ALL THE CAMP NANO HYPE GOING. XD Camp NaNo is honestly one of my favorite things of ever, haha. You'll love it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. THIS IS SO SO SO SO SO SO BEAUTIFUL LIKE CAN I HAVE THAT DESK AND PIN IT ON PINTEREST

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY for Nano and your writing space is amazing compared to mine haha! Which Jane Eyre soundtrack do you listen to? I'm in love with the newish Jane Eyre movie and I love listening to the soundtrack on youtube during my writing sprees.

    Congrats on taking the giant leap of novel writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh YES. The newest Jane Eyre is the best! The old movie version is okay, but the second is just da bomb. Awww thank you, thank you! XD

      Delete
  6. Oh my goodness, I literally thought the first photo of your desk was from Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMW. You're so sweet! And I didn't even like these photos, but decided they would just have to work. XD

      Delete
  7. eeeep i love your desk, it's so big!!
    now i feel inspired to do camp nano

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dude *looks over shoulder* I thought NaNo just happened? ALSO HOW ARE PEOPLE ALREADY PREPPING FOR CAMP NANO IM BARELY SURVIVING INCOWRIMO

    Your desk is so cute!!

    Hanne
    rockandminerals4him.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete