Monday, November 21, 2016

Whats New With Clara? || I Need Book Recommendations


words || creek, anonymous, indigo, overture, cathedral, zephyr, benevolence

songs || who i am by jessica andrews, hello by adele, keep walking by toby mac, higher by unspoken, milonga del angel by astor piazolla, THE JANE EYRE, AND ATONEMENT SOUNDTRACK ovbs

books || between shades of grey by ruta septyes, julius caesar by shakespeare, lord byron poetry, agatha christie short stories, the pickwick papers by charles dickens, the house of usher by edgar allen poe, a separate peace by john knowles

miscellany || hanging out with friends at youth group, learning how to play basketball with my bro (i'm a failure), bible mad gab, homemade hot chocolate, hand knit mittens, getting excited about thanksgiving travels, mango kombutcha, seeing your breath vaporize outside at night

smells || fresh ground coffee, homemade cinnamon rolls, carmex, popcorn, english breakfast tea, pumpkin spice candle, fresh air, wood smoke from the stove, new books, lavender essential oils

Btw, do you guys have any book recommendations? Cause I'm kind of running out of books to read. At the moment I'm reading Between Shades of Grey by Ruta Sepetys, but I don't know what I'm gonna read after that. I've read pretty much all the classics like, To Kill A Mockingbird, The Great Gatsby, A Tale of Two Cities and so on, and now I want some not-so-classic books to read, maybe something more modern. I really enjoy historical fiction, not necessarily Christian historical fiction, but some books that are gonna be a good, clean read. So, please drop some of your favorite reads in the comments, if you would:)

-Clara


17 comments:

  1. Dude Mango Kombucha is da best ting. Anyway books...hmmmm. I really like all the Percy Jacksons. Scarlet letter is good. Any Jane Austen book. But for all I know you've read all of these already. I like turn of the screw (That ones scary fyi) I too ma making a list of books to read so if you have any suggestions for me ( I know I know :The book thief" I already have that one written down.) I had a hard time thinking of ones you haven't already read :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YUSS. I just discovered it yesterday, and FELL IN LOVE.
      hmm...Percy Jackson. I think I've heard you talk about him. I'll have to check his books out:) The Scarlet Letter is amazing! I really enjoyed that one. GAHHH YES Jane Austen always! Hee hee, you've heard it many times, The Book Thief is just a must read...but some other ones I like are, Great Expectations or The Pickwick Papers by Charles Dickens, Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Septys (actually anything by Ruta Septys) North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell. I also read All The Light We Cannot See by Anthoney Doher but I didn't finish it cause I just felt uncomfortable reading some of the stuff, but otherwise it was a fantastic read. It was greatly written and had some awesome characters. I have a few that I wanna read still like The Hired Girl by Laura Amy Schlitz, A Separate Peace by John Knowles and Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline.

      Delete
  2. I like your 'what's new' posts - that photo, the list of words.. everything. :)

    This might not be what you had in mind for book recommendations, but some historical fiction books I've enjoyed are, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, Chasing Jupiter, and The Earth is Singing (the last one only if you like heartbreaking holocaust stories). Ain't We Got Fun by Emily Chapman and Emily Ann Putzke is a nice light read too.. Anyway, I hope that helps a little - there's not much worse than not having anything to read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, why thanks, Jessica!<3
      Ohh those books sound great! I'l have to check them out!:) Thank you!

      Delete
  3. This is such an interesting post!
    As for book recommendations, if you liked Between the Shades of Gray, I suggest that you try out Ruta Septys's other book, Salt to the Sea :-)
    -Jollygirl @ Reflections of a Jolly Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jollygirl for the recommendations! Yes, that is next on my list after Between Shades of Gray. I love the authors writing style and the characters!<3

      Delete
  4. WHO I AM BY JESSICA ANDREWS WAS MY FAVORITE SONG WHEN I WAS A KID AND NOW I FEEL LIKE IM 6 AGAIN HOLY COW THANK YOU. Im going to go listen to that right now honestly. wow.

    okay sorry. lol.

    book recommendations! I would say....A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness (if you want to get rEKT. because its super emotional.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GAHH ITS A GREAT SONG! I wanna play if for my graduation slide show...but I'm kinda torn between that one, The Call, and Follow Your Dreams.
      Thanks for the books! I'll have to add those to my list:)

      Delete
  5. If you're into historical fiction, I recommend "Girl in the Blue Coat" by Monica Hesse, "Briar Rose" by Jane Yolen, "Playing for the Commandant" by Suzy Zail, and "Tsarina" by J. Nelle Patrick.
    Any Jane Austen book is good, and maybe "Holding Up the Universe" by Jeniffer Niven

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh I just looked these ones up and they all look amazing! Thanks, Brook!

      Delete
  6. Everything you have been doing sounds great, like the smell of coffee! I am in a coffee shop now and it is just great. I GET YOU! Also a good book if you have not read it is keeping the moon. TRY OUT WATTPAD! project fat suit is on of my favorites. Wattpad if you have not heard of it is an app that you can read works of teens and more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE YES.
      I have heard of Wattpad, but I've never looked it up to read. I'll have to try that! thanks, Vanessa!<3

      Delete
  7. I'm dying to read Between Shades of Gray!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know you said you don't neccesarily want Christian fiction, but honestly any of Karen Kingsbury's books are amazing. I'm reading the Baxter Family Series right now and it's sooooo good. There's like 22 books and 5 series about the same family and it keeps progressing.
    But anyways, I'm not so much into historical fiction so I don't really have any suggestions on that :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh thanks for the recommendations, Lauren! My mom and a close friend love Karen Kingbury. I'll have to give them a try:)

      Delete
  9. Honestly, the first book that popped into my mind was Out Of My Mind by Sharon Draper. it is amazing and powerful and WOW! i musta read it a million times loling.

    ReplyDelete