Saturday, September 3, 2016

Hello September




Its already September? LIKE WHAT?! Summer has flown by so quickly, and I'm already missing those carefree, lazy days. But at the same time, I'm excited to see what the new school year will bring. It will be so nice to be involved in more things again, rather than just sitting at home, eating ice-cream, and watching Sherlock, which is totally awesome I admit, but its kind of getting old! 

Listening to- For The Moments I Feel Faint by Reliant K, The Book Thief soundtrack, Difference Maker by Need To Breathe

Enjoying: Choir. Thursday was our first choir practice of the new school year! I'm so excited for the opportunities that will come our way as this semester! A college in Texas donated new choir attire for everyone, which I am super pumped about! Long black dresses for the girls and all of the guys have tuxedoes. This sure beats our old outfits! We also were given the funds for a brand new grand piano! So excited! 

Reading: The Allegory of Love by C.S Lewis. Lewis's writing is filled with so much wisdom, I find myself re-reading each paragraph several times over, scrambling to grasp as much as I can from the passage. His writing connects with something in everyone, and is easily relatable. C.S Lewis is definitely one of my favorite authors. 

Loving: Long walks by myself. I love just getting away alone, just me, my camera and my iPod. There is something so romantic about listening to music and walking in a large, endless wheat field. It makes me feel like I'm in a movie. *Note: If you ever do this, listen to the Jane Eyre soundtrack. You'll find yourself dancing, which may or may not lead to strangers looking at you sideways.*

Spending my saturday- I went to see Pete's Dragon today with a few friends, then after the movie we went to Starbucks and hung out. #saturdaysrock

17 comments:

  1. Oh my word that first photo of you is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHH I LOVE THE BOOK THIEF SOUNDTRACK IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL :') Your description of the walks made me so happy inside, it just feels so nice and fulfilling idk <3

    That picture of you is so cute, love it :D

    ~Noor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR! I LOVE SOUNDTRACKS! There is just something about them that give me the feels:)
      Thanks, Noor!!

      Delete
  3. Looks like you are enjoying the start of this September! I can't belive summer is almost over! Crazy!
    Love the picture of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I can hardly believe it:)
      Thank you, Paige!

      Delete
  4. WHY ARE YOU SO PRETTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

    and difference maker is LYFE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UGGG....IDK XDXD
      Yes, Difference Maker is awesome! (especially since its on the giver soundtrack) XD

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh, that first photo of you <3 <3 <3

    Long walks are the BEST! The Book Thief and Jane Eyre soundtracks, AHHHHH! Congrats on your new choir attire and grand piano! New outfits are hard to come by, but they're the best when they come in and you can just spin in the choir dress and it's all flouncy. xD

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh! Thanks, Morning! You are so sweet!
      Our outfits were used before by the choir in Texas, so they are second hand, but thats still really cool for us! But its awkward for me since most people aren't as tall as I am, so I'm having a really hard time actually finding a dress that fits me and goes all the way to the floor:p But yes, I can't wait to wear them at Christmas and spin in it! XD

      Delete
  6. THAT PHOTO!!! I THINK I KNOW WHERE THIS IS TOO! EEPPP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHH! Thanks! I THINK YOU DO TO!! I think it was Haystack Rock or something?
      I should have totally contacted you when we were there! I didn't know you lived literally, right there! XD

      Delete
  7. I love the Relient K song <3

    I love long walks by myself too. but I live in the city so its a very different experience. lol. I love listening to music on the bus too, since my commute is about an hour, it makes for a lot of deep thinking time. I love it.

    also, stunning pictures. wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah me to!<3 Relient K is da best!

      Delete
  8. I love that first picture of you <3 You're so pretty!

    I know, it seems so weird that it's already September. LIKE THAT IS FALL. WHAAAATTTT. But I am excited for autumn too I guess :) I just really love summer.

    Ahh! choir sounds awesome! new outfits and a new piano IS LIKE SO AMAZING. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks, Autumn! You are so incredibly sweet!
      IKR! I just can't believe it! :)

      Delete
  9. I just found your blog through your comment on mine and I am totally in love with it!! Following for sure :))

    ReplyDelete