Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Sweet Sixteen


I celebrated my sixteenth birthday yesterday with my family! My birthday is actually today, but my grandma, cousins and aunt were here yesterday so we celebrated with them. 
My mom made strawberry shortcake, which has less sugar and fat apparently...?? So I would at least be trying to be a semi good girl while I'm on my little no sugar venture! Cheating on my BIRTHDAY should be okay right?? XD I also got some awesome gifts! My parents gave me a scrapbooking set to catalog all my pictures of my NYC trip as well as some money to go SHOPPING! (Who doesn't love shopping?) My grandma gave me a gift card to Family Christian which I'm going to use to get C.S Lewis's autobiography, Surprised By Joy. I also received a volleyball from my cousins and aunt.  My brother gave me the tree of life necklace and a turquoise ring, which is like, so pretty! And the remainder of my brothers gave me a mug, decorative box and my favorite snack nuts! 

If feels kind of scary to be sixteen! I can legally get a job, plus I'm getting my license in 6 weeks, which is exciting, but its a scary thought. Growing up feels great, but I also feel like I want to stay younger. It two years, I'll be a graduate, and going off to college! Two years seems to be a long time, but when I look back at when I was fourteen, I thought sixteen would never come and its just flown by! But, I'm looking forward to the many adventures I'll have in this new chapter of my life! Exciting times! 16 is going to awesome! 

"Love others; cry if your hurt; smile if your happy. Don't grow old; just grow up. Make mistakes; and learn from them."
-Unknown

28 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!! :D Hope sixteen is a wonderful year for you! :) I also really like that quote you finished with - Don't grow old; just grow up. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jessica!! <3 <3

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday!! I hope you have a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THAT PICTURE OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you're so pretty girl. JUST. SO. PRETTY. I loved chatting on the phone with you yesterday..and the day before that. xD I feel a little embarrassed that I sang LOL!! SARAH SAID THAT SHE HEARD ME. CAN I JUST MELT NOW!?!?!?!!?!!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU, JULES!! I really enjoyed talking with you to! And I loved when you sang! I don't think anyone has sang to me over the phone except my family!<3

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday!!!! You look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Autumn! Your so sweet!!<3

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh, happy birthday! You look gorgeous <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
    (such pretty hair <3)
    -Mic

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheating on your birthday is something I would do too! I know what you mean by how fast the time can go by! Enjoy all the moments in life that you can, happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Its almost impossible to not eat sugar on a birthday! XD
      Thank you so much, Vanessa!

      Delete
  8. Happy Sweet Sixteen, Clara! x It sounds like you had a wonderful day and I only wish I'd discovered your blog sooner to wish you on your actual special day.
    I found your blog just today from Sarah's and already love it so much. You are so pretty!
    - Sanjana
    peridotcove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Janjana! I will check out your blog as well! Thank you for your sweet comment!!<3

      Delete
  9. Happy birthday, Clara! Awwwieee, you look so pretty! > me.

    xoxo Morning

    P.S. Cheating on your birthday-- I'm pretty sure no bad juju will come your way because of that. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU MORNING!!<3
      lol! Yeah, I'm pretty sure she understands! XD

      Delete
  10. You are so pretty!! A little bit late, but happy birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's such a lovely photograph, happy birthday for then! I hope you had a fab
    day :)

    Lauren | Sincerely, Lauren Emily

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replies
    1. Thank you, Nabila! Your awesome:)

      Delete
  13. having sugar on your birthday is totally okay :)

    happy birthday beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, like I'm SWEET sixteen so that was kind of like telling me that sugar is okay! Sugar is just too much my friend! XD

      Delete
  14. HAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPY BIIIIIIRRRRRRRTHHHHHHDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TTTTAAAAANNNKKKKKK YYOOOOOOUUUUUU!!! <3<3

      Delete