Wednesday, April 6, 2016

i run...




i run...
droplets of sweat streaming down my face
my arms pumping, my feet pounding the earth with every stride

i run...
the wind in my hair, the world at my back
the familiar smells of fresh river moss, pine sap, bear grass
and the musty aroma of rich, black soil, blur my senses
here my soul finds peace 

heart pounding.... heavy breathing 
i throw myself down on a patch of emerald shoots of grass
looking up into the endless sky, i imagine the clouds, floating effortlessly, 
as if they were guardian angels watching over the children of the earth

i listen...
i hear brown finches and robins chirping in harmony
as they add bits of hay or twig to their nests 
or go about pecking the earth in search of grubs or worms
a distant creek babbles...
the wind whispers a verse, its calming voice interwinding with the trees of the woodland
an eagles screech...
a wolfs lonely howl

i breath...
all my problems... all my cares...
I leave them here and let then fly away in the gentle wind

another attempt at something poetic...

xoxo

14 comments:

  1. Clara this is amazing!! When I read this I totally pictured each line perfectly in my head. Once again, this is truly AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! You really think so!? Your incredibly sweet!<3 Thanks!

      Delete
  2. gorgeous. i loved the photos and the writing and it was all stunning <3

    xx e

    ReplyDelete
  3. gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

    never. ever. ever. tell me that you can't write poetry! And those photos. I shall die now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! Thanks, Ju! I don't think its that good...not like William Wordworth or anything, but hey, I try!:) Thank you! Your so sweet!<3

      Delete
  4. Beautiful poem, Clara! Great use of imagery. Looking forward to future posts! Just followed! Would love for you to stop by my blog! :)
    ~Moll

    www.mollymac13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Molly!<3 I will totally stop by your blog! And thanks for the follow!<3

      Delete
  5. Funny, this reminds me of something I wrote a while ago. Lovely post as always, dear.<3

    p.s. I'm in love with the middle picture

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you post it on your blog? I would love to read it!<3 Thank you, Jordy! You are sweet!<3

      Delete
  6. These photographs are beautiful, you are a brilliant writer <3

    Lauren | Sincerely, Lauren Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, thank you, Lauren! Your so kind!<3
      Oh, BTW, I just love your new blog design! And the new name!<3

      Delete