Saturday, January 17, 2015

Music/White Orange and Green

In the bold Gouty mountains so far far away,
I'll tell you a story that happened that day,
About a young girl her age was sixteen,
And she carried a banner White, Orange and Green


And a young English solider was passing that way,
He saw the young girl with her banner so gay,
He laughed and he choked and got off his black steed,
Determined to capture White, Orange and Green


"Oh you can't have my banner," the young girl replied,
"till you blood and mine on the bold Gouty's lie,
for I am a rebel and thats nothing mean,
and I'd lay down my life for White, Orange and Green."


And the young English solider turned white as the snow,
Got on his black steed and away he did go,
For theres no use in fighting a girl of sixteen,
Who would die for a banner White, Orange and Green

This is one of my favorite songs of all time. I found it about a year ago and have been playing it on the piano ever sense. FYI White, Orange and Green are the colors of the Irish flag and this song was written about the Irish War Of Independence. Have a happy Saturday!
Clara


7 comments:

  1. <3
    That was beautiful! I've never heard that song before; I'll have to look it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment, Jordy! Its so beautiful, I will go singing it around the house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's beautiful! I'll go and listen to the song now!

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how pretty! I love learning new things!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is really cool! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Follow me for a follow back? Comment on my most recent blog if I forget to follow you back!

    ReplyDelete