Monday, June 5, 2017

You Know Your A Writer When... feat. whats in my mouth challenge w/ taryn + the unofficial 'single taters' are back + i choked on the mayo


  • You know your a writer when, you have set all the dramatic scenes to music in your imagination.
  • You know your a writer when you are willing to read through five pages of Wikipedia to insure that one sentence in your dialogue is correct. For me this usually has to do with historical fiction.....'the grueling genre'.
  • You know your a writer when you have mastered the art of singing the Phantom of the Opera soundtrack, while writing a scene at the same time.

  • You know your a writer when you spend sleepless nights trying to find the perfect name for a character.
  • You know your a writer when your family complains that they haven't seen you forever, cause you've been hiding away all month during NaNo, in your room, writing. 
  • You know your a writer when you get attached to a character that you have created but you've already plotted their death. 

  • You know your a writer when you get the best ideas for a story in the shower and there is no way to write them down. And when you get out of the shower, you forget.
  • You know your a writer when you delete paragraphs after paragraphs of your first draft, then cry over the fact that you lost so many words for Camp.
  • You know your a writer when starring into space doesn't mean your not working.
  • You know your a writer when Nano is more exciting than your birthday.


  • You know your a writer when you feel terrified but hopeful when you ask for feedback on your work.
  • You know your a writer when you have an opinion on the Oxford Comma.
  • You know your a writer when you use the right punctuation, even in text messages.



The un official Single Taters are back! Taryn and I, have a video for you today! We did the 'What's In My Mouth Challenge', which turned out to be pretty hilarious, so go check it out! #thesingletaters
Also, I will announce the giveaway winners on the 8th, so watch out for that post, as well.

-Clara


22 comments:

  1. Definitely relatable, I stare into space so many times and I am thinking about plot lines...definitely working.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yessss, me too! That is probably the time when I am working the hardest XD

      Delete
  2. SUPER TRUEEEE hahahah
    LOVED THIS POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. The "You know you're a writer when" were so relatable and the video was HILARIOUS!!!
    Thanks for the post!

    littlebitofsunshineweb.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. "You know your a writer when you get attached to a character that you have created but you've already plotted their death." I've done that so many times and grin like an evil villain xD

    Awesome post! <3

    audrey caylin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugggg, yes. I am experiencing that with my current novel! Its so saddddd, but it has to happen XD

      Delete
  5. Oh my word!!! You had me laughing out loud with the mayo!!! That's hilarious. And your 'you know you're a writer when' were incredibly well done...I so relate to the five pages of Wikipedia. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also belt out loud to the Phantom of the Opera soundtrack. My vocal chords love it, but my family gets easily distressed. I can't watch the video right now, but I'll do so tomorrow! CAN'T WAIT FOR THE MAYO. xD

    xoxo Abigail Lennah | ups & downs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OHHH YEY ANOTHER PHANGIRL! *fist bumps you*

      Delete
  7. Haha, that's why I quit writing historical fiction... I'm lazy!

    Hailey
    www.haileyhudson.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was seriously so true and funny and quite awesome!

    Nabila // Hot Town Cool Girl

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is so accurate it hurts. lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. this video actually makes me really sad bc I'm so far away and I can't be the one making you eat spoonfuls of molasses or apple cider vinegar...... *sobs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww yisss, gurl. That makes me sad to... ( but molasses or apple cider vinegar sounds wayyyyyy better than mayo, so any day, girl. I'll take that any day over mayo)
      BUT ONE DAY WE SHALL DO THIS CHALLENGE AND HAVE THE MOST FUN TWO BESTIES EVAR HAD, AND IT WILL BE EPIC, K????

      Delete