Sunday, June 25, 2017

BUCKET LIST FOR SUMMER ft. college stuff + last summer of 'teenhood' + is that even a word???? + things I learned my senior year


I have heard the expression "opening a new chapter of your life" so many times, but last month, it truly became a reality for me. It was terrifying and wonderful all at the same time. As I turned my tassel over I realized, I am done with high school, and this fall I will be venturing out into things I have never experienced. I'm leaving the familiar behind, and I'M TERRIFIED. I've never been away from my family for more than a week, and when I'm at college, I'll be away for 3 months or more without seeing them. I am scared out of my skin, but the excitement is pushing me forward. 

I have learned so much my senior year, since the earlier version of this post at the beginning of the school year sooo I'm just gonna do it over. heh heh

-Your parents love you. They have helped you come this far, and they deserve all the 'thank you's' we can give them forever and forever. Parents are pretty amazing. 

-Life isn't always easy, but it isn't all bad either. Enjoy the good times. Love others. Be happy. And live in the moment.

-Make it a point to keep up with your friends. Get together for coffee or send them a sweet note in the mail to let them know you think about them. Relationships are important, and sometimes they are hard to maintain, but its so worth it! 

-Don't let people make fun of your innocence. I have gotten teased several times in the past year about being innocent about certain things, especially by my co-workers at work. But, I guess that I've realized through that,  that being innocent is a good thing, even though you might feel stupid about not knowing one thing or the other about the world, keep that innocence as long as you can, because those people who tease, they are probably the ones who wish they had that innocence back.

-Spend time with your family as much as you can. For me, its sort of my last year in my parents house, and I know that it will be different very very soon. The summer is gonna speed by, and I just want to enjoy the last summer of being a crazy/random/weird teenager that I am, with them! 


Summer is one of my favorite seasons, and is definitely tied with fall cuz ya know, coffee, leaves, sweaters = perfection. How can you beat dat?? But with summer you don't have school, which is a MAJOR THING. Every summer I always make a bucket list, but this one is kind of special since its my last summer of being at home/ last summer of 'teenhood'. Is that even a word????? *shrugs* 
  • Go tent camping with da squad.
  • Make a funny lip syncing video.
  • Pull an all-nighter.
  • Sing songs around a bonfire with my frens.
  • Witness total solar eclipse on August 21st, 2017.
  • Attend a concert.
  • Fill a truck bed with blankets and pillows then go stargazing.
  • Make a memory jar.
  • Go kayaking again.
  • Get ice-cream from an ice-cream truck.
  • Participate in a fun run.
  • Get good at french braiding.
  • Go get frozen yogurt really late at night.
  • Go see Dunkurk with my dad.
  • Finish two songs on the piano.
  • Leave a note in a library book.
  • Dance in the rain.
  • Go swimming in a lake.
  • Watch the Parent Trap.
What are y'all's summer plans?? I know what I'll be doing all of next month, CUZ NANO STARTS IN LEGIT 5 DAYS! Time to go back to being a wreck of a hermit who hides in their room writing all day, but ya know what? I am excited. I am also nervous and scared, but whatever. Nano is gonna be awesome. 

Peace & love,

-Clara 

14 comments:

  1. Wow! Your last summer at home + the end of being a teen is a big deal. I'm sure your life has a million amazing things instore for you, but it'll be nice to able to look back on this summer and remember your time as a kid. Good luck on your summer bucket list!

    ~ Pip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESSSSS I am so excited! Thank you, Pip!

      Delete
  2. i'll pull an all-nighter with you

    ReplyDelete
  3. CAN I GO SEE DUNKIRK WITH YOU!? Seriously I almost never get so excited about a movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude. totally. It looks amazing. I love learning about the Battle of Dunkirk, and everything that happened around that time in WW2. SOOO EXCITED.
      But I may or may not want to go to just see Harry.... *smirks*

      Delete
  4. This is such a good bucket list!
    And saaaameee...I'll be doing Nano, too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Ohhhh no way! How exciting!

      Delete
  5. Seeing the total solar eclipse is on my summer bucket list as well! I'm taking astronomy this summer so I can't wait. Also, I am doing NaNo as well. Eep!

    Hailey
    www.haileyhudson.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice reflections. Enjoy your summer dear :) Get the best out of summer, relax, and have fun because college will be a whole new world to adjust to ;)
    Congratulations!

    Homed: Life in Sugar & Spice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks for the advice, Fiona! <3

      Delete
  7. Oh gosh it's winter here but sounds like your summer will be Fab! :-D

    ~Evie
    https://twooaksfarm.blogspot.com.au/2017/06/why-tasmania.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is, like, a whole month late, but yes! I'm really excited for the Total Summer Eclipse happening this summer. Unfortunately I probably won't be able to see it in person, but I'm looking forward to watching it online!

    ReplyDelete