Tuesday, May 16, 2017

ROOM TOUR || ft. inexpensive room decor + vintage kitchen cart record player stand + pallet bed + diy + TWO MORE FOLLOWER GUYS!


Sooooo yesterday, I decided to clean my room. But I went a little further than that.

I was getting sick of my room looking so messy, and drab (you probably saw some of it in the video included in this post) Ewwww right?! So I decided to add a few changes to my room, and to refresh it a bit for the summer.

In our basement we have a ton of different vintage furniture, dressers, desks, chairs. My mom loves to chalk paint and she collects things from thrift stores and such, so I always have something new to put in my room when I'm ready for a change. She had the vintage kitchen cart you see my record player sitting on in the second photo in our garage, so I just hauled it down to my room, and BOOM, it looks sooooo cute! My desk, is also a different one than what I had before, and was hand made by my moms uncle. The large chest/trunk you see in the fifth photo is my hope chest. I love it so much, because my amazing daddy made it for me about a year ago. Its beautiful and something that will definitely be passed down through my family. Annnnnddd for the pallet bed. My pal over here, made herself one, and I was like "OMW I NEED ONE OF THESE!". End of story.

For my bedroom refresh I didn't want to spend a small fortune on decor, so I went for a simple, diy style that was going to turn out cute, and affordable. I think it worked out great. 

  • Cork Board Wall (photo #1) I picked up a package of four cork squares at Michaels Craft Store for 8 bucks and with some added photos and postcards, I think they add a nice addition to my wall! 
  • DIY Vintage Window Frame Photo Hanger (photo #2) I found an old window frame out in our garden shed, scrubbed it down and attached some twine to the back, where I hung some of my favorite photos. I love the chipped paint look on the frame. 
  • White Canvas Wall Art (photo #3) I picked up a package of canvas's awhile back for around 10 dollars. I needed to add something on that wall, (so my Collabro calendar wouldn't feel lonely. XD) so I just tied some twine around them to make them look like paper wrapped packages, and stuck some fresh carnation's in with the twine. I'll probably end up doing some actual wall art (with paint) later on, but these are fine for now.
  • Typewriter (photo # 4) Evey one is always asking about my typewriter when I have friends over. I got it a little over a year ago at Goodwill for $9! It came with a handy little case and a paper holder! I love the color and the typewriter itself is in great shape. 
  • Record Player (photo #2) My parents got me an old vintage Tele-tone record player for Christmas. They picked it up at a thrift store for 10 bucks! 
 So, how do you like my room? I'm pretty happy with it, and it looks so much better than what it did before!

Ever made a pallet bed?
Favorite part of my room?
What color is your room?
 
OHHHHHHHHH AND GUYS! LISTEN UP! *snaps fingers* I'm at 98 followers right now! *throws confetti* Lets see if we can push to get to 100! It would mean so much to me, and I might even host a give away, when I reach the 100 mark! *raises eyebrows* Go follow!

-Clara

40 comments:

  1. your room is so cute!! haha I'll be posting my room tour sometime aka whenever I get to taking the pics. xP xD love your typewriter and GAAHHH I want your record player!! so awesome XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! Ohhhh how exciting! I've seen a few pics of your room and its super cute! <3<3<3

      Delete
  2. Your room is adorable!! I love your typewriter! I've always wanted one!!!
    My bedroom is white, light blue, light green, and dark brown. I am actually thinking about doing a room tour on my blog soon too!
    Yay for getting 98 followers!!! I have 37 followers, but I just started in January, so yep, I'm kinda new to the blogging world!! haha!

    littlebitofsunshineweb.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maddy!
      Nice colors! Yessss...you totally should do a post!
      Awwww, thanks! Wow! Your doing great for blogging less than a year! Thats awesome! *thumbs up* I started like three years ago, and I only had like 40 followers up until this year when it started picking up. :) Keep going! Your doing great! Your blog is awesome, and I love reading it!

      Delete
  3. ACK I LOVE YOUR BEDROOM PAL XD XD XD so much cute!! geesh it makes my room look boring XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS!!!!! lol, no way! Your room is the best! XD

      Delete
  4. Your room is absolutely adorable!! ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOUR ROOM AND TYPEWRITER IS SO CUTE AND VINTAGE AND I LOVE IT. <3

    xoxo Abigail Lennah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Clara! I have a collab idea that I want to run through with you and potentially have you be a part of, but I have no idea how to contact you whatsoever... is it possible if you can shoot me an email on the contact page of my blog? It's going to be a fun collaborative (and potentially will cause some heavy laughter, knowing the idea I have in mind). xD

      Delete
    2. Ohhh I'll e-mail you! XD

      Delete
  6. You're room is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowww room goals much?! I LOVE the typewriter and the trunk and all of it! My room's pink and sunny (I have a bay window) and filled with artwork from friends (cuz I sure can't art) and fairy lights.

    Hailey
    www.haileyhudson.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hailey! OMW A BAY WINDOW! Like totally not jealous right now..XD That is sooo cool! Your room sounds lovely!

      Delete
  8. Your room is super cute! It's always nice to change up your living space a little bit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. GASP. THIS. IS. SO. PRETTY. I think I fell in love 8838 times while scrolling through the pictures. <3 <3

    I actually have those corkboards, but have been using them for a pin collection. I don't really keep up with that anymore, so now I totally want to display them like you did -- it's such a neat idea! (though I think I accidentally destroyed one. They're rather flimsy. :P)

    Awesome post! :D

    katie grace
    a writer's faith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWWWWWW THANK YOU!

      Ohhh I never thought of doing a pin collection! Thats a great idea! Yessssss, they are so flimsy. One of them actually fell of the wall last night, so I had to nail them in. XD

      Delete
  10. Your room is so gorgeous and aesthetic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your room! Vintage is so cute and I'd love to have an apartment with that decor but right now I share a bedroom with my two sisters and we collect books so that's our main display haha.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kara! Yesssssss books! XD I have most of mine packed away right now, because my family might be moving soon, so I don't have very many in my room. Only my favorites ;) Thanks for the comment! <3<3<3

      Delete
  12. GAHHH I LOVE THIS> I NEED A POST LIKE THIS! SO MUCH INSPO

    ReplyDelete
  13. THIS IS SO COOL!!! Your room is like #goals :D EVERYTHING IS SO COOL. I especially love the cork board thing....*heart eyes*

    I was actually thinking about doing a room tour myself, so maybe I will :) YOU'RE SO INSPIRING, CLARA! I loved this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWWWWWW AUTUMN YOUR COMMENT MADE. MY. DAY!!! You're so sweet! YESSSSSS you should totally do a room tour, girl! <3<3<3

      Delete
  14. Neeto room bruh. But quick question: is celery good for you? Asking for a friend, thnx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dude.
      *squints at comment* "am I seeing things?????" *shakes head* To answer your question celery is a excellent source of vitamin K which is a fat-soluble vitamin that is most well known for the important role it plays in blood clotting. Sooo heck yeahhhh, you don't want your blood to clot, do ya???? huh??? #eatthatcelerygirl

      Delete
    2. K thnx. Ma dudes appreciate the info. Have a rad day bruh

      Delete
  15. Hi there!!
    I've just found your blog!!
    Ohh my I absolutely love it!! Your posts are amazing! I'll definitely stick around <3
    I'm new on the blogging world, in case you'd like to check my blog out. If not, that's alright. I'll still be reading your gorgeous posts!! <3
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS ARYA! YOU ARE SO SWEET! Of course I will check out your lovely blog! <3

      Delete
  16. Your room is so so lovely!!! The changes you made are great. I like how neat it looks.
    Good photos too!

    Sophy

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh my word your room is so adorable!! Please can you and Julia do a collab and come redo my room?? that'd be great ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thanks! YESSS THAT WOULD BE SOOO MUCH FUN! <3

      Delete