Monday, May 1, 2017

#April2017 || I CUT MY HAIR SUPER SHORT!!! + gelato + senior prom + helium balloons + swing dancing with a cowboy


Awesome Stuff

  • Beat Julia in a word war! Woot! 
  • Getting a good grade in math. Always good. 
  • Being surprised by my lovely, friends that randomly brought me gelato at my house while my family was away. Love these girls!
  • Practicing a piano trio for the first time, with the two other graduates I'm doing a recital with next Sunday. So fun! 
  • You Can't Stop The Beat from Hairspray (my new favorite dance song).
  • Watching Moana with my bros.
  • Senior prom was amazing! I had such a fun time dancing with all my friends and celebrating my senior year with all my homeschool peeps! All those dance classes have been paying off! 
  • Loving my new hairstyle. I got about 7 inches cut off, and my head feels so light! I love it, and its so much easier to curl! 
  • Playing checkers with my eight year old brother who beats me every time.
  • 'Madam Librarian', and 'Trouble' from the Music Man. 
  • Going on walks with Taryn down to the pond.
  • Secret ice cream stash.
  • Changing the covers of my Pinterest boards.
  • Getting emotionally attached to my novel characters. They are so amazing! 
  • Being told my poem should be made into a song. 
  • Meeting up with childhood friends.

Not-So-Awesome Stuff


  • Realizing there are kids my age training for the Olympics and I'm still 'pulling' on 'push' doors.
  • Knowing Camp Nano is over. *cries* 
  • Crying over the Phantom of the Opera soundtrack. Thats how pitiful my life is.
  • When your foundation powder goes up your nose. 
  • Swing dancing with this cowboy guy, then accidentally knocking off his cowboy hat and stepping on it. *cringes* It was dark in there. I couldn't help it...
  • Breathing in about three balloons worth of helium, and feeling super sick. 
Awkward Stuff


  • When you realize that when you eat a lollypop you are pretty much swallowing your own flavored saliva.
  • Walking through a spider web and suddenly feeling like a ninja.
  • I was at the coffee shop working on my novel, when I took a break to drink my coffee and give my brain a break, when I hear from the next table over, where these four old guys where sitting,"Ya know fellas, I wish women where more like men. Like, I carry all my stuff in my pocket. THEY NEED A WHOLE BAG!!!" *almost chokes on coffee* *chuckles* 
  • Singing 'You'll Be Back' from Hamilton in the mist of my family who doesn't realize the historical significance to the song. "And I'll kill your friends and family....to remind you of my love! Da da da da da!" *blank stares* "What are you singing?" 


  • Calling the Auburn University Hotline, then chickening out when the lady answered the phone. 
  • When you realize your smile is so fake......
  • Realizing that I am such a nerd because I can sing all the parts of 'One Day More' from Les Mis.

April Faves


Goals From April Completed


Read one book
I read A Room With A View by E.M Forster. Gonna watch the movie now! 

Get done with science for the year
Nooo, didn't complete this, but I am super super close!

Practice piano more 
Yussss, I did this.

Finish the abs challenge 
Completed this! Woot!

Goals For May
  • Work on editing what I already wrote for Nano April.
  • Finish my NYC scrapbook.
  • Finish my Authors Note Series with a letter from Janette Oke.
  • Get a book of my poems published through Lulu.

So, tell me about your month!


14 comments:

  1. OMW PULLING ON PUSH DOORS THOUGH. The struggle is real. ALSO THANK SO MUCH FOR LINKING TO MY REVIEW. :D :D I should go read those other posts... meanwhile, I'll just be over here pretending that I totally DO NOT turn on the wrong burner on the stove and cook nothing for 20 minutes. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR. :p Your welcome! It was such a great review, and I have the book on rush order on Amazon cause it just looks so wonderful!
      Awww..... I do that ALL. THE. TIME! XD Its awful :p

      Delete
  2. That meme for opening the oven ... *falls over wheezing and choking on laughter* I finally realized that if I wait five seconds, then I'll be good to get stuff out without getting a face full of steam. But I will admit, I have learned through experience ... XP

    ReplyDelete
  3. NO ONE CAN BE MORE EXITED THAT I AM TOO READ THIS POST THEN YOU ADDING PROM PICTURES AND I WAS IN LOVE!!! Why can't my prom have been like yours none of the guys slow danced with the girls that way! I am so jealous!

    Laughing so hard at the lolly pop realization though... it's all too true. I have been living a lie. Speaking of bags... I have been been the kind of girl who carries a whole bag of stuff with her, I travel light and only with what's necessary.

    And thank you for mentioning my post <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHAHA YOUR COMMENT IS DA BEST! IT MADE ME SO HAPPY!
      lol. Yeah I was actually really surprised at how many times I was asked to dance slow dances....It was really awesome! That photo was when they played 'Thinking Out Loud' by Ed Sheeran and everyone like rushed over to the dance floor.XD And all the couples sang it to each other, and it was so precious!
      Sammmeee with the purse thing....my bag isn't big at all :p
      You are so welcome! I love your blog! <3

      Delete
  4. Your haircut looks really nice! I think that length suits you. :) And I know what you mean about it feeling so much lighter - I cut 40cms off my hair last year (to donate it), and the difference was incredible.

    Good job with your April goals! I hope May is a productive month for you too. :) And you are so sweet to mention my post. Thanks girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks, Jessica! Wow 40cm is a lot of hair!
      You are so welcome! <3

      Delete
  5. Awesome photos, and your prom looks amazing! So glad you had a lovely time :)

    Ah The Phantom of the Opera.....*sobs*. It's so beautiful, I'm just obsessed with it <3

    Have a wonderful May!

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy!
      YESSSSS *sobs with you* ITS SO AMAZINGLY SAD AND ROMANTIC

      Delete
  6. Awesome post! I can relate to so much stuff in this post. :)

    Nabila // Hot Town Cool Girl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hair looks super cute! And also anyone who says that homeschool prom is lame doesn't know what they're talking about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!😄
      I totally agree about prom! Some kids just don't know what they're missing!

      Delete