Thursday, February 9, 2017

just two strangers with the same old memories. || a poem


when did we change
from catching fireflies in glass jars, picking wildflowers, lying in your front yard trying to spot the north star ....to this?

when did we grow 
from those two little girls who promised we would always be there for each other forever and ever
....to this?

can you pin down the day
when we went our separate ways,
our childhood wasted away 
....to this?

do you remember the day when we realized,
friends can break your heart....
and that from now on, we were
not friends,
not enemies,
just two strangers with the same old memories

c.r

reminiscence of a childhood friend long gone

20 comments:

  1. giirrrllllll *moans bc this is agony*

    wow... I'm always here for you k

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness...

    I relate to this so much omgns

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think everyone can. Its such a sad reality <3

      Delete
  3. Be right back, got to go and cry my eyes out :')

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this made me think of so many people I no longer keep up with. It's sad really. You're writing is amazing...as usual ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes its super sad to say goodbye to friends...
      Thanks! <3

      Delete
  5. Ohhh.. I relate. Sometimes it's hard to believe there are seasons of friendship too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SAME. This is something that I have gone through as well. It is such an odd thing too because you share so much with that person but at the same time you don't even know who they are anymore... So many feelings about this and so well said. You could not have summed this up better. The last line is deep. I really like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true....
      Well thank you! <3<3<3

      Delete
  7. Ohh...this makes me so sad! This is something lots of people can relate to. So beautifully written!
    Love you,
    G

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such an amazing piece of writing! And I relate to it so much!
    -Jollygirl @ Reflections of a Jolly Girl

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is just so beautiful and i'm in love basically <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3<3<3 Elizabeth. your comments are sooo sweet! I like die every time you comment on my blog! XD

      Delete