Monday, February 27, 2017

Authors Note Placement 02 || A Letter From Anita Dittman : Author of Trapped In Hitlers Hell

I learned about Anita Dittman through a book in the Daughters of The Faith series called Shadow of His Hand by Wendy Lawton. The author had interview Anita Dittman, and written this book about her life as a young jewish girl living in Nazi Germany, as well has her holocaust survival story. Anita was half Jewish and half German, and at the time of World War 11, in the mist of the holocaust she only found rejection, refusal and abandonment everywhere she turned to, since she was neither full blooded Jewish or German. She was not excepted by either of her people. At the time I was 14 when I read Shadow of His Hand, and I just fell in love with the book and Anita's story of survival and faith. I was incredibly inspired by her life story. So I decided to write to her. This was my first letter I had ever sent to an author, and I was prepared not to get a reply, but I typed up my letter anyways, created a colorful book marker for her, and mailed it. To my surprise, within a month I received a letter back from Anita Dittman! I was sooo excited! 


February 11th, 2014

Dear Clara,
Thank you much for your lovely letter. I am amazed at your maturity. You are also a very flawless typist. If you have not been able to secure a copy of "Trapped In Hitlers Hell", you can order it from my publisher (insert name & phone number) She is not only my publisher, but also my friend. I have many favorite verses from Gods Word. Two of them are at the top of my list: Psalms 119:71 and Matthew 5:43 and 44. I usually use them at the opening verses when I share my testimony in public speaking. Please stay in touch!
Love, Anita

P.S Thank you also for the much needed beautiful book marker. I use it in my bible.


There will be one more placement in the Authors Note Series, so keep your eyes peeled for 03 of the series, which will feature a letter from Janette Oke, author of the Love Comes Softly series! To learn more about Anita Dittman's life you can click here to watch an interview conducted by DoveTV, here to check out Shadow of His Hand by Wendy Lawton, or here to review Anita's autobiography, Trapped In Hitlers Hell, on Amazon.

-Clara

11 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! This is incredible! I first read "Shadow of His Hand" a year or two ago, and fell in love with it. It was so powerful!
    That's just so sweet that Anita Dittman wrote you back! She has BEAUTIFUL handwriting. Did you 'stay in touch'?
    Great job on this series, girl! Can't wait to see more. (Janette Oke!?!?)
    Love ya! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, its a great book! Even though its written for younger girls, I still enjoy it! IKR? Soo cool! XD

      Delete
  2. Wow!! That is so neat that she wrote you back!
    A friend of mine let me borrow Shadow of His Hand a few years ago and I really enjoyed it! She has such a neat story!

    - Maddy littlebitofsunshineweb.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OHH I KNOW! I was soo excited! Shadow of His Hand is such a great book!

      Delete
  3. EEEP That is so exciting! I'll have to check out her books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMW you got a letter from Janette Oke?? NO WAY THAT IS SO COOL such awesomeness

    love this series <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES. I KNOW ITS CRAZY! XD
      Thanks!

      Delete
  5. She sounds like an amazing woman! I'll have to check this book out. :) And that's so cool she replied to your letter - in her own handwriting and everything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's amazing that you got a letter back from her!! I love the Daughters of the Faith book "Shadow of His Hand", and I really want to read her other book as well. What a neat experience!

    ReplyDelete