Saturday, February 11, 2017

Authors Note || A Letter From Ruta Sepetys : ft. crazy awesomeness + #authorsnote placement 01


I read Salt To The Sea and Between Shades of Gray a few months ago, and I LOVED THEM. Salt To The Sea made the greatest impact on me, and so I decided to write the author and tell her how much I enjoyed reading her novels. 

I wrote her a letter about two months ago, not really expecting a reply, but whatever, I decided to give it a shot anyways. A few weeks later, I had completely forgotten that I actually sent it, but yesterday I came home for work, and my mom pulled out this mysterious red envelope from Nashville Tennessee that was addressed to me!  I was like, "I don't know anyone in Nashville!" as I ripped it open, but as soon as I unfolded the letter, I started freaking out and yelling from excitement! RUTA SEPETYS ACTUALLY WROTE ME BACK! She wrote me a hand written letter and sent a few book markers along with it. In my letter I explained that I love to write and I was planning on writing a novel soon, so she kindly sent me this nifty little worksheet to help with plotting! I feel so motivated about writing now, and I am so excited about filling out the plotting worksheet with my ideas. 



The letter reads:

Dear Clara,
Thank you for your lovely, heartfelt letter! I'm so grateful that you enjoyed my novels. Per your request, attached is a worksheet that may help you during your writing and revision. 
Sincerely, Ruta

I now have a collection of three different letters that authors have written in reply to a letter I sent them. I have decided to do a series about these letters and the books I have read that where written by them. So keep your eyes peeled for more posts in the series! So excited! #authorsnoteseries2017 

Have you ever written to a author? 

29 comments:

  1. That's so exciting! I've never even thought of doing that, I should try it 😏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR?! I was thrilled when I got it in the mail! You should try it sometime:)

      Delete
  2. That is awesome! Especially seeing as the letter is handwritten! I should make a point of writing to authors whose books I enjoy.. I'm excited for the rest of the posts in this series as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES IKR?! XD Thank, Jessica! Me too!

      Delete
  3. DUDE THAT IS SO COOL!
    I've never written to an author, but I might just have to try it now. That is honestly the coolest thing ever <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU TOTALLY SHOULD TRY IT SOMETIME! XD

      Delete
  4. ARE YOU KIDDING OH MY GOODNESS THIS IS WHHHAAATTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!
    I love her writing so so so so so much!! Totally fan-girling over here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAMMMEEE Ruta Sepetys is simply AMAZING!

      Delete
  5. Wow! That's amazing!!!
    Excited for upcoming posts!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHOA I loooove Salt to the Sea so that's super awesome that Ruta Sepetys like legit handwrote it O.O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'it' as in the note not the book LOL xD

      Delete
    2. Lol I was kinda like WHAT?! Did she seriously write the whole book by hand?! XD

      Delete
  7. NO WAY!!!!! Ruta Sepetys is like my favorite author ever and I just reread Salt to the Sea this weekend and was blown away. I'm gonna steal your idea and write her a letter now!!

    Hailey
    haileyhudson.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES you should! She is a great writer!

      Delete
  8. This is so cool! I'm going to read Salt to the Sea this week or next week (it's on hold at the library)! I've seen so many good things about it, so I'm rather excited. :)

    Also, good idea: I should write to some authors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WUT this is soooo cool, I adore Ruta Sepetys. Eeeep this is the greatest

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's amazing! Read both of her books last year and loved them. Heard that one is being turned into a movie, really hope it's true!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT?!!!! ITS BEING TURNED INTO A MOVIE!!! OMW I have to go look this up! brb XD

      OMGOSH your right! Between Shades of Gray is being turned into a movie! But they are changing the title to Ashes in The Snow! OMW I AM SO EXCITED! Thanks for that wonderful news, Morgan! XD

      Delete
  11. This is so awesome and exciting! I love Ruta's books. She seems like such a cool person to write you back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same.....I am just still in awe that she even wrote me back! XD

      Delete