Sunday, January 22, 2017

Masters Class With Andrew Staupe



My piano teacher called me last Thursday. She told me that Andrew Staupe, a visiting pianist, would be doing a concert at our community center that Saturday. He had asked if he could do a masters class with four kids from our town the day before his concert. So my teacher and another teacher was called and each asked to pick two of their students to play for this guy. And guess what.....

My teacher picked me * flails all over and goes to hide under a rug or something*



I was freaking out. This guy has traveled all over the globe. He has played in Carnigie Hall. He's collaborated with musicians from all over the world. HE'S A PROFESSOR IN MUSIC AT A UNIVERSITY. HOW AM I WORTH TO PLAY FOR THIS GUY????

Another one of my friends who is also a fellow student was also picked. We got there early to test out the piano and, guys, the piano was amazing! I loved it! It was a Fazoli, and the keys were just heaven. Literally.

So how this worked, is that each one of us played our piece, and then he worked with each of us for about 20 minutes on things he saw that we could to better. My turn came up, and I played this piece. Andrew Staupe, was just amazing. He was so friendly, skilled and experienced, and gave me a lot to think about and work on. I was probably the most amateur pianist at the class, but it was such a great experience, and I had a lot of fun watching the other kids and learning! The concert he gave last night at the community center was amazing! He played Tchaikovsky Concerto No. 1 which he learned at age 14. Like wow... I could never play at that level at 14 or probably ever. 

Overall the class was wonderful, and I am so honored to have been able to have this opportunity and experience! 


12 comments:

  1. EKKK! How exciting is this! Reading about it, I can hear the excitement coming from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMW OMW OMW OMW EEEEPPPPPPP i still can't believe you almost didn't tell me like

    HOW EVEN?!?!? this is goals k

    srsly gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I WISH I COULDA OF HEARD YOU *sobs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...I kinda wish....um.... I uh didn't tell you. *cringes and blocks whack*
      Ya know I wanted you to be surprised! I wish I knew we were actually uneven (even tho you said we were....you sly little...) ABOUT YOUR POETRY BOOK, so I could have totally surprised you, but...again I fail.XD

      Delete
  3. OH MY GOODNESS THAT SOUNDS AWESOME AIAIAIAIAIA.

    Hanne
    rockandminerals4him.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. THAT IS SUCH AN AMAZING EXPERIANCE, CONGRATULATIONS!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, congrats!! That sounds like so much fun! but I'll bet it was nerve wracking too. It's so awesome that you were picked to play like that!
    What did you play?

    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thanks! <3 I played Milonga del Angel by Astor Piazolla. The link is up above if you wanna listen! :)

      Delete