Friday, December 9, 2016

Why Yours Truly Is Far From Being A Mechanical Genius || Broken Down At The Library

My last experience with cars taught you yet another thing about yours truly. She does not get along with cars. But yet, being her awkward absentminded self, she had to face another battle with not a car, but a truck. *cringes* My dad has this huge truck (Well actually from the guys point of view its probably not that huge. In all likelihood, they would rather have something bigger, cause they're guys, but anyways...) which we affectionately call Tin Lizzie. I drove it to work, then after my shift I got back in the truck and was planning on driving to the library to take my books back before I went home. I drove to the the library, returned my books and went back out to the truck.

But guess what?? THE STINKIN' TRUCK WOULDN'T START, right? Yeah yeah, I was thrilled.
So here I was stuck at the library at night. Its pitch black, creeps are hanging around outside, and Tin Lizzie won't start. Great. I try and try to start it again and again, but it just makes this weird noise that oddly sounded like a hippo having an asthma attack. I tried for about 5 minutes straight, to no avail. I didn't want to flood the motor or blow it up or anything so, in my current state of panic, I ran inside the library, to find someone who might be able to help me.

Me: "My truck is broke down, or won't start or something."

Library lady: "What year is your truck?"

Me: "Uhhhh, I have no idea. Its from the 70's or something?" *It was actually a 1986 Chevy*. I virtually know nothing about this truck, guys. I don't even know where to find the registration in that machine if I ever got pulled over. 

Library lady: "Well, the battery is probably dead if it won't start. Do you need to use the phone?"

Okay, so I didn't even think of asking to use the phone. I usually don't think straight when I am in a situation like this. *covers face in embarrassment*

Me: "Oh uh, actually that would be great!"

I called my dad and he kindly came all the way down to the library with spark plugs, er ah, jumper cables, but we didn't need them cause the battery wasn't dead. I still have no idea why it wouldn't start. Dad got in the truck and of course after a few revs, he got it started. I was just standing there like, "howwww???"


So this concludes another installment of public embarrassment of yours truly. (don't you dare judge me) Stay tuned. Most likely there will be more stories of this kind in the future. Hopefully not, but I can't change fate.

Do you have a story to share?
Am I alone in my misfortunes with vehicles? 

8 comments:

  1. *laughs cuz this would SO happen to me*

    tho...I would have asked for the phone right away...lol xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once when I was 12 years old, I stayed at a friend's house who lives in Cascade. She was a couple years younger than me. For some reason, her mom thought it would be a good idea for us to go out and drive her van on their dirt road...ALONE. So here we are driving, and my ten year old friend wants a turn, (I had to do most of the driving because I was taller and she couldn't reach the peddles very well, maybe an indication she shouldn't be driving...) and we pull over and I get out of the driver's seat to see the tire rapidly shrinking and making a squeaky scream type sound that could only mean one thing. A flat tire. So we decided that since we were only a mile away we could make it in the van and after that failed we panicked and started walking home in freezing windy weather, leaving the van parked in the middle of the road at the bottom of a steep hill. Long story short, we made it home and had the guys go fix the tire and learned that maybe we should hold off on driving for a while. That's my story. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMGOODNESS, ASHLYN! YOU COULD HAVE DIED! Thats crazy! XD

      Delete
  3. okay this is pretty funny XD

    BUT I CAN SO SEE THIS HAPPENING TO ME. like wooow. i'm just going to like furiously pray every time i'm on the road like GOD SAVE ME PLEASE PLEASSE

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty sure this has happened to my mom before...our car wouldn't start and then when my dad got over there and tried to start the car, it started without a problem. You're definitely not alone XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss, its the most embarrassing thing! XD

      Delete