Thursday, December 29, 2016

another year over || you won't believe this, guys! + blog anniversary


Reflections on 2016:

This year has been a year of firsts for me. It was my first time traveling to New York City which was the first major trip I've taken, my first time to sing in Carnegie Hall, my first job, my first time to get my drivers license and drive alone. Its been an exciting year of transition from being just a " kid" to a more independent young adult. Looking back on last year I can say I have learned that life isn't all John Green speeches and frivolity. Ive learned that there are always going to be struggles in life, but there will always be joy if I look for it in the little things. This past year wasn't easy, but I can say its all behind me, the good and the bad, and I'm ready to face the New Year ahead with determination and excitement and a new sense of adventure for all that life will bring me in the coming year. I'll be going to college, which is a whole new challenge in itself, as well as being away from home, and all that college life entails! But I am happy and very, very excited! Bring on 2017! *cheers dramatically*


Okay so this January is my 3rd year blog anniversary, guys! 

I haven't always blogged on Reasons To Smile. My first year was back in 2013 where I blogged in another corner of the internet, that I called Count It All Joy. So if you wanna be technical, this isn't this blogs anniversary, but my overall history of blogging in general. I'm so pumped to celebrate this momentous occasion in my blogging history! You won't believe this, but I will be doing a Q&A video in celebration! Yes, this pitiful, camera shy, blogger you know as Clara will be doing a video! GAHHHH I've never done a video so I'm a little nervous but really excited! So for all you readers, that means: I NEED LOTS OF AWESOME QUESTIONS FROM Y'ALL so drop them in the comments, if you would be so kind. The questions can be totally random, silly, crazy, serious- Ask me about my favorite fictional character, what my least favorite subject is, my top 5 favorite movies, if I've ever eaten squirrel- anything. But please be nice and sweet, and all those lovely things that bloggers are, and refrain from vulgar/inappropriate questions and content, if at all possible!

Stay tuned, and I hope you all have a great 2017! Heres to a New Year of happiness, awesomeness and lots of adventure and excitement. Here here! *clicks glass*

-Clara-

18 comments:

  1. A VIDEO!!!!!!!!!! YOU DIDNT TELL ME THIS *pouts* okay okay okay hmmmm

    (btw i love this kind of stuff and totally have an upper hand here heheheee)

    1. Jack or Gil (DONT MESS THIS UP)
    2. if you could have every single cute outfit you've ever posted on Pinterest, or go to Paris for 2 days, which would it be?
    3. does chewing gum really stop you from being nervous? and why?
    4. do you know who Mr. Nut is?
    5. recite 1 Bible verse xD
    6. your most top embarrassing post on your blog
    7. if you could acquire one talent right now, which would you pick? Also, you would lose ever natural talent you were gifted with, so would you do it?

    wellllllllllll byyeeee ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JULIA. You didn't tell me about your lip syncing video, so we are even now. (muahahhah)
      YOU WANT ME TO CHOOSE BETWEEN JACK AND GIL??? *wipes forehead* Goodness, I'm gonna have to pray about this.....XD jk
      These are all so awesome, Jules! I cant wait to answer these!

      Delete
  2. Oh yay! I can't wait to see this video!
    What was your favorite thing you got for Christmas?
    What are you most passionate about?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post; well said!!
    AND OH MY GOODNESS!!! THIS IS SO EXCITING!!
    *Ahem* Great idea, by the way. :D
    Wow, though, I'm terrible at coming up with questions for people. :P But I'll try, just so's you can answer them. :)
    -Looking back in life, what's the best thing you ever did? (or one of the best, if it's hard to narrow down?)
    -Favorite name--boy's & girl's (like one you'd name a book character)
    -Favorite ice-cream flavor?
    -Would you rather have hair the length of your thumb, or your thumb the length of your hair? XD
    -Most daredevil thing you've ever done?
    -Something about yourself that most people probably wouldn't guess about you?
    Love you, and can't wait to see your video!!
    ♥ Georgie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodness, Grace! I cant wait to answer these! :)

      Delete
    2. And I can't wait to hear you answer them! ;)
      ♥ G

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the anniversary!!
    My Questions:
    1. All time favorite book?
    2. Favorite classic book?
    3. Favorite band/musician?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, for these Jolly! I cannot wait to answer these amazing questions!<3

      Delete
  5. WHOA THREE YEARS THOUGH O.O And here I thought ten months was a long time, hehe. :P
    And hello yes I am here with aalll the questions like the good stalker I am. Ahem. XD (hopefully I don't give you any duplicates)

    1. Which book character do you think is most like yourself?
    2. Which book character do you think would be your best friend?
    3. Why do you blog? (<< ooh hard one xD)
    4. Do you play any instruments?
    5. Vans or Converse? (OR NEITHER I GUESS XD)
    6. Favorite candy?
    7. What is an unusual/quirky fact about you that most people don't know?
    8. What is your favorite book of the Bible?
    9. Fiction of nonfiction?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you, Johnathan! Well, you just keep blogging, man cause you have an awesome blog and your writing is amazing!
      Btw, these questions are all AMAZING, and I cant wait to answer them in the vid! Thanks! :)

      Delete
  6. Wow! How'd you get to SING IN CARNEGIE HALL?! Like wow, just wow!
    What's your middle name?
    The last thing you ate?
    Career ideas?
    Worst thing you ever did?
    What's something that scares you and why?
    What was the best year of your life?
    Best blogger friend?
    Would you go to Africa if someone paid for everything?

    Congrats on your 3 year blogaversery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are great, Paige! Thanks so much! :)

      Delete
  7. 3 YEARS THAT IS AMAZING.

    Do you like coffee?
    Have you ever read an entire novel in a day?
    Have you ever laughed until you were physically in pain?
    Any irrational fears?
    Do you like hamsters?
    Do you have any pets?
    Favorite Bible verse(s)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hannah! These are great! :)

      Delete
  8. I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!

    Best book you've ever read?
    Worst book you've ever read?
    Favorite memory?
    Biggest fear?
    If you were to throw a blog party, who would you invite and what would you do?
    Dream job?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GAHHHH THANKS, GRACE ANNE! These are awesome questions! I can't wait to answer the book ones! XD

      Delete
  9. YAY SO I HAD A COMMENT ALL TYPED OUT AND NOW IT IS GONE. WHAT FUN.
    But I think it went along the lines of HAPPY NEW YEAR and 2016 sounds like it was a really amazing year and CONGRATS ON YOUR BLOG, GIRL!!

    1. What are some of your biggest inspirations in life?
    2. Favorite song?
    3. Favorite food? Worst?
    4. Biggest pet peeve?
    5. Urban or rural?
    6. Winter evenings or summer mornings?

    EEP CAN'T WAIT FOR THE VID!!

    ReplyDelete