Tuesday, December 13, 2016

17 Signs That Show Your A PK


I'm a PK. My dad has pastored his own church for a few years of my life, and I grew up in a church where my dad preached every so often under the main pastor. I guess all of us kids at church felt like we were preachers kids, cause our dads always taught something or another. So, from all my years as an experienced pastors kid, these points are the proof I have gathered, that I am a full blooded daughter of a pastor.

1. If you were brought up thinking that "don't run in church" was the 11th commandment. 

2. Your second home is church.


3. When your dad uses something embarrassing you've done as an illustration in his sermons and everyone turns around and looks at you like….




4. If those paper pads and stubby pencils in the pew benches were what got you through those interminable sermons when you were six or even 16... *grins sheepishly*

5. If you know every song in the hymn book.


6. When you drink the remaining communion grape juice after the Lords Supper. 


7. When your dad says "ever head bowed, every eye closed" I just be over there like:



8. If people automatically think your called to the ministry.

9. Your the favorite kid to all the older folks in the church, and they pinch your checks and tell you how sweet you are. *this has happened to my younger siblings before* 

10. If you have ever been asked to teach a sunday school class.

11. If your the first one to arrive and church and the last to leave.

12. When you try to talk to your parents after church, but they have to talk to the people in the congregation first. 

13. When your mom tells you not to eat all the brownies cause they are for the church. But you are a part of the church.

14. If you know what "raise my Ebenezer" means. High five and ice cream if you know what song this is from!

15. If your musically inclined in more than one way. 

16. If you know exactly how many chairs are in the sanctuary.

17. If you think thou shall not steal a families pew is the 12th commandment

13 comments:

  1. I'm not even a PK (Well I used to be when I was like 1) But I totally relate to a lot of these 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I didn't know you were a PK when you where 1! XD Thats cool!

      Delete
  2. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do you really drink the left over grape juice? SERIOUSLY HOW FUNNY XD these are things I never think of..

    btw, how many seats ARE there? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OHahahha! Well...um...er...yes. I do. XD
      There are exactly 43 chairs in our sanctuary, exactly.

      Delete
  3. HELLO YES FORMER PK HERE *waves* This is 100% accurate yup yup. (AND #14 OMW SO RELATABLE AND I DEFINITELY KNOW WHAT IT'S FROM XD)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *high fives you* FELLOW FORMER PK'S UNITE! Wellll, thanks!
      Jonathan, you know you gotta actually say what its from, cause how do I know if you could be trying to con me into some ice-cream....? XD

      Delete
  4. Haha! And that's from 'Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing,' the second verse, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! LIKE YES! That is it! XD *Hands over ice-cream*

      Delete
  5. wow I'm not a PK but I loved reading these so much! OOH YES AND THAT'S FROM COME THOU FOUNT IS IT NOT?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a PK as well and I related to all of these haha!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh yeah! Hey guys, another PK! *highfives Aaliyah*

      Delete