Friday, November 4, 2016

Stars || 8:07pm


November 4th 8:07pm

I look upward into the black night sky showered with stars. Its been a long time since I've laid out in the yard at night like this. The November chill bites my nose and fingertips, but I don't mind. The beauty of the sky keeps me there.

The crescent moon, silky and smooth glows softly, far above the silhouettes of trees and of mountains. I spot Orion and the little dipper, and strain to see a shooting star sail across the atmosphere, bright at first, but slowly fading.

I feel so inadequate and microscopic sitting under the heavens that go on forever and ever.

I sigh and think to myself, that I don't remember the last time I was this happy, about something so small. The last time I was happy to be alive in this crazy world.

22 comments:

  1. The vibrancy in this photo is remarkable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *cries* girl this is like...oh..THATS WHERE YOU LIVE I WANNA SEE IT SO BADDDLY and you. I wanna see you *sobs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *sobs into a pile of tissues* GIRL WE ARE GONNA MEET ONE OF THESE DAYS

      Delete
  3. Love love love this! You described it so beautifully. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a self-confessed description junkie, I love this post with all of my crazy soul. GiMMe MoRe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW!! Description junkie! Thats perfect!

      Delete
  5. So beautiful!! (I love stars. So much.)
    -Micaiah-

    ReplyDelete
  6. ♥♥♥♥♥ I love this so so much, wow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow.. The night sky has an amazing way of balancing the mental struggles. And this - you make me want to go out and lay under the stars as soon as it gets dark tonight. I'm glad you found some happiness too. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh yea defiantly balances a lot of emotions and struggles! <3 Thanks for dropping the sweet comment, Jessica!<3

      Delete
  8. "I sigh and think to myself, that I don't remember the last time I was this happy, about something so small. The last time I was happy to be alive in this crazy world." mmmmmm this. yes, ma'am. the open sky at night just awakens so MUCH wonder. It's incredible. I love this scene you painted, and now I'm craving a night of stargazing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes I agree. Star gazing is so romantic and lovely<3

      Delete
  9. aaaaah yes. we're moving next week, and we've been driving back and forth to our new place so often and so late at night too. it's been amazing to see the starry skies every night because i usually don't (lol i'm a good girl who goes to bed at nine o clock but FOR REAL THO.), but i understand these words on a deeper level because of that.

    wow i rambled buuuut anyway i love dd this <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woowow, Autumn I always love your comments! That is so neat!
      Hee hee I'm a bad girl who doesn't go to bed till 11! *giggles* lol
      Thanks, girlie! Your the best!

      Delete
  10. Do you live in Nebraska? Iowa? Or Ohio?

    ReplyDelete