Sunday, November 13, 2016

7 Things I Learned My Senior Year || First Dance


So, amazing Sophie, over here has just launched this brilliant idea that all of the seniors write a post on what they have learned in their last year of high school. Several of my amazing friends like Julia and Amanda have done a splendid post, and I've decided to join the party! So, 'ere we go! 

- I have really learned about friends a lot this year. I have realized how, many people are "fair weather friends" and just hang out with you when they don't have anyone else to hang with. I've learned it hurts, and I often let myself go through a lot just to hang out with people. And, I've learned how precious true friends are to have.. that they are rare. You probably won't have many of them, but treasure the ones you do have. 

- Do something crazy, and frivolous once in awhile. Get a group of people together to do the mannequin challenge at the mall, or go iceskating or play hockey on a real, authentic pond.  Do something fun that you don't usually do. 

- Staying organized is the key to success. Get a planner together to write out your daily "to do" list, school subjects, grades ect. Its really helpful!

- Love your family, and spend more time with them. Being my last year in high school, and living at home, it has seriously just hit me that, I'll be at college next year. Gahhh... "creepy" (Only about two people with get the quotation marks. XD) I won't have my mom to hug every morning, or cry on her shoulder when I'm having a hard day. I won't have my dad to do the Baymax knuckles handshake thingy with. I'm excited about college, but also scared. Hug your family, peeps, and tell them you love them cause they are pretty important, and have helped you come this far in your life. 

-"What if I fail?" What if you don't. Do the things that make you scared.

- Find your niche. Discover something that you are good at and go for it. For me, its playing the piano. Its something that I do to relax. It makes me happy.

- Chocolate heals even the deepest of wounds. Sometimes, life stinks, guys. So thats when you need to break out the chocolate love.

------------------

Last friday, I went to my first dance. It was awesome. Prom isn't something most people think homeschoolers do. The average person defines homeschooler as Homeschooler: n.  One who has no friends, social skills, and/or education. Often found wearing overalls. But...one should not simply assume that all homeschoolers are anti social. *re-enacts Boromir face* We are actually pretty awesome.


The evening was filled with chatting with friends, food, a chocolate fountain and italian cream sodas (like how cool is that) being crazy awkward, and obviously dancing. I really enjoyed the group dances like We Like To Party, Cha Cha Slide, Virginia Reel and just solo dancing in a circle with a group of friends. Shake It Off and Trouble were pretty fun to dance to. I did dance a few slow dances, and swing, which was probably my ultimate favorite. 20's swing music, a partner who knows what he's doing and a disco ball. #awesomeness

18 comments:

  1. Aww this is sweet! I can't believe you're a senior! Haha I getcha "creepy" that made me laugh :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Taryn! *hugs*
      Hee hee yes XD

      Delete
  2. These are very good and important tips. I totally agree with all of them!! Thanks for this!!

    Ellie
    www.uniquelyyou1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although I'm not a senior, I still like your post! :)
    And yeah, like, homeschoolers are so much more awesome than most people think, lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww your so sweet, Paige!
      Yes, I completely agree that homeschoolers are awesome! :)

      Delete
  4. Your dance sounds like so much fun!!!!
    XOXO
    http://everythingisbetterwithpolkadots.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your first photo with the truck.

    Good point on so many being fair weather friends. I just watched the 1952 Gary Cooper film High Noon for the first time yesterday...and spent about half the film in tears. Marshall Kane (Cooper) started the day off getting married, surrounded by townspeople patting him on the back. But by noon seemingly everyone had left him to die alone. Great movie. It's when you're in tough times that you find out who your true friends are.

    I also liked your points on doing something different just for fun and doing the things that scare you. I think of Mother Superior in The Sound of Music when she told Maria to face your fears, climb every mountain, and ford every stream.

    Good post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment Bethany!
      I've heard of High Noon, but have never watched it. I'll have to check it out. It sounds like a great movie!

      "I also liked your points on doing something different just for fun and doing the things that scare you. I think of Mother Superior in The Sound of Music when she told Maria to face your fears, climb every mountain, and ford every stream."
      Gahhhh you just made my day, Bethany! Thanks!

      Delete
  6. LOVE THAT PHOTO OF YOU OKAY?!??! like goals

    btw. can we get all dressed up someday and take goofy photos and then go dancing off (obviously coming home before midnight *lowers voice* cuz ya know....pumpkin...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GAHHH THANKS!
      Uhhhh....yes! Like thats going on our bucket list of BFF things to do! XD

      Delete
  7. Ahhhhh your first dance!!! That's so exciting!!! I love dances so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh it was the best time I've had in a long time! XD Thanks for your comment, Grace!

      Delete
  8. Sounds like you had so much fun at your dance!
    But, such awesome advice! I really need to continue to tell my family how much I appreciate them because very soon I'll be going off to college

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, Lauren! <3

      Delete