Monday, October 24, 2016

Stop Waiting


Patience has always been a hard thing for me.  I always need to know now. I'm always waiting to start life. I'm always waiting for that moment when I'm an adult. I'm always waiting for another day. I'm always waiting for college. I'm always waiting for something better than what I have. But, time and waiting are strange things. Time is always working, always running, never stopping. Once a second goes by, nothing in the world can make it reverse. What we do now can't be changed in the the future. When I'm constantly upset over what isn't happening at this moment, I realize that I miss out on all the things that are happening now. And thats the problem with me. I think I've got everything wrong. I shouldn't be waiting for life, because life is happening, right now. I don't realize that all the things I'm waiting for will come soon enough, and that I should enjoy my life where I am now, and while I can because one day I know I'll wake up, and all the precious things I have now will be gone, forever, and I know that I will never get them back. 

I need to cherish my family and the moments I have with them, because one day, they will be gone.

I need to be willing to accept change now, even if I don't like it.

I need to love being crazy, 16 year old, goofy, awkward, clumsy me because one day I'll be grown up. 

I need to live in the moment. I need to live today, because one day, today will be tomorrow. 

Stop waiting for Friday, for summer, for someone to fall in love with you, for life. Happiness is achieved when you stop waiting for it and make the most of the moment you are in now. -Unknown 

4 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful. And you're so prrettyyyyy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, yes, the delicious trap of waiting. An excellent reminder to avoid that trap! I need to stop waiting for my manuscript to write itself and write it MYself! XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. seriously was JUST thinking about this. And, you know what, I am sick of waiting too. no more - well at least I'm going to try - to NOT think about the "later" haha

    btw HOW ARE YOU SO PRETTY!???????!!!!!

    ReplyDelete