Saturday, October 22, 2016

NEW BLOG DESIGN! || October Faves


If you all haven't noticed yet, I have a NEW BLOG DESIGN!
How awesome, right!? I purchased this cute design from Etsy for $7.50, last week, but it was one of those designs where you have to install it yourself. Okay, so I am horrible with machines. I can't sew, I can't mow a lawn (long story), I know virtually nothing about computers, designing blogs, not to mention installing designs. So, I texted my soul sista Julia,  and asked her if she could install if for me. And being the most awesome human being in the world that she is, she said yes, and had in installed within an hour! (It would have taken me 100 years) Thanks, Jules! You da best! *throws confetti and hands her mechanical sining thank you card*

Having a new design really brings a certain measure of inspiration. I have lots of ideas for new posts, and I even updated my about page. Check it out. Lets just spit out the truth..my old bio was wwwaayyyy too long, and boring, right? Admit it *shakes you into agreement* Reading Naomi's post, about internet bios, really inspired me to change that old stuff.

I'll stop rambling now and move onto some October Faves:



Katie Grace's post on how to plot a novel: was fantastic. I have always wanted to give NaNo a try, but I have never gotten up the nerve to actually do it. But some day, when I get to it, I'm going to use the Snowflake method she suggested.

Julias post about her music, and the JANE EYRE SOUNDTRACK : was totally fabulous! Julia got me started on Dario Marianelli a few months ago, and ever since I've been hooked on the soundtrack he wrote to Atonement, and especially Jane Eyre. If you haven't read the book. Go do it now. The movie (2011 version) is superb. The script is so beautifully written, its romantic, and heart wrenching with a good dose of suspense. I've watched the movie twice in the past few days. Thats how good it is.

Hannah's post about her experience with NaNo: was yet another great post about writing a novel. Just gathering all the info here....taking it from the experts. XD Her novel also sounds goals, and you need to go read all her ideas, cause she looks like she's on her way to being a bestselling author, and you don't want to miss out on that!

Aalyiah's post about struggles: really hit me because what she said was so true, and it really connected with me. It think everyone struggles with those self-defeating feelings, but at times we feel that it is only us, and that no one else feels the same, but really they do. Everyone does. Her post was just a really big encouragement to me, and I hope it is to you as well.

Vanessa's college vlogs: are always fun to watch! I've really been enjoying following her experience, and getting a peak into life as a college student. She's also a really awesome dancer, which you need to go check out for yourself, cause I can't describe how fabulous she is!


Well, I'm off to go drink tea from an actual tea cup and saucer, (like the cups that jitter against the saucer when you carry it. I love that noise..) and isten to my beloved Jane Eyre soundtrack, *whispers* and possibly start waltzing in the kitchen, which may or may not attract odd glances from my family.

Have a wonderful weekend, my frens!

24 comments:

  1. Your new design is absolutely gorgeous! <33

    ReplyDelete
  2. guuuuuuuuuurrrrrl. come on. you're wonderful

    and whut. you can mow???!

    *snatches card and stuffs it into my drawer full of letters* EEP THANK YOU

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehehe, yeah I can mow...but the yard looks like a head of hair that has been shaved by a barber who isn't really a barber...if that makes sense:p I always miss places in the yard...its just a messXD

      Aww thanks girl! I love you!<3

      Delete
  3. EEPP! I love this new design so happy for you and happy you got help with installing it nice job Julia! I love the design! Also thank you so much for mentioning me in your post! So sweet of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this design!! It's so professional. AND YES to all those posts you mentioned. So awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely first post to find upon discovering your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AHHHHHH. Your design is so pretty. I got mine from etsy as well and they are soooo pretty. and cheap which is good
    and ack! my post. it was really just e ranting but ha it was good to see it up on the list. at first i didn't think it was mine b/c there an abundance of hannah's in the blogging world.
    but it was me :p
    Thanks!!!!!!
    and the pippin gif ahhhh!!! i love pippin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hannah! Yes, I love Etsy's designs..like omgosh what a smart thing to sell, right? hehe Pippin's great, isn't he!? XD

      Delete
  7. Beautiful design! This post was enjoyable to read!! :)
    -Ellie R.
    www.uniquelyyou1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. aasjdklf;askdjfaskdlf;askdjfkl; <--- my opinion of your new blog design. IT IS SO INDESCRIBABLY GORGEOUS AND I CANNOT EVEN. <3

    Also, thank you for including my post! That made me happy. :D

    // katie grace
    a writer's faith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks, Katie!:)
      Your welcome! I loved reading your post!

      Delete
  9. The new design looks lovely! And you've started me thinking about internet bios now - my about page is probably the longest I've ever read. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jessica! Ikr. I was like "wow...I really need to change this!" XD

      Delete
  10. I love the new blog design! :)

    With love and all joy,
    Allie D.
    www.alliesblogdesigns.blogspot.com
    www.friendlovesatalltimes.blogspot.com
    www.sincerelyallied.blogspot.com
    www.spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This post was so cute!! And I love your new design! <3
    XOXO
    http://everythingisbetterwithpolkadots.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete