Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Beauty || A Poem By Georgie

Hello readers!
Today I have the privilege of sharing with you a poem written by one of my dear friends, Georgie! As well as writing poetry she also is an amazing photographer and has taken all of the photos included in this post! Show her some love in the comments!


Beauty is in the sky above
Dancing pink clouds and
The rays of the sun.
Beauty is found after spring rain--
Sweet smelling air and
Things fresh again.

Beauty is with
The birds that sing,
Offering
Sweet harmony.

This is beauty...to me.



Beauty is on the hot summer days--
When children go out
And laugh and play.

Beauty is in the swaying trees--
Dancing, swinging
In the breeze.

This is beauty...to me.
Beauty is with the leaves that fall--
Red, orange, yellow,
Sun shining on all.



Beauty is in the sparkling snow--
Flashing bright crystals
As stinging wind blows.

This is beauty...to me...
Beauty is in the sunset deep--
Flowing o'er horizon
Before the world sleeps.

And I see beauty in these things.

About the Writer:
Hello there, everyone! My name is Georgie. I'm a Christian girl who loves piano, Ireland, photography books, writing, music, sweaters on cool autumn days, poetry, and Swing Era dresses and dancing. One of my life verses is Psalm 119:115, which reads, "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." I want to thank my dear friend Clara so much for inviting me to share a bit of myself on her blog; it has been a true joy! In Christ's love, Georgie


7 comments:

  1. So pretty, Georgie! I love the photos and poem. :)

    Have a great rest of your week!

    With love and all joy,
    Allie D.
    www.alliesblogdesigns.blogspot.com
    www.friendlovesatalltimes.blogspot.com
    www.sincerelyallied.blogspot.com
    www.spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. but..but..i don't know what to say. SO PRETTY. SUCH AMAZING PHOTOGRAPHY. do you have a blog?!??!!??! Cuz I couldn't find a link!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sharing the same feels and questions as Julia!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! <3
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. You captured the essence of beauty perfectly, Georgie! I'm also third-ing Hannah and Julia's comments: do you have a blog, and if not, can you create one? xD

    xoxo Morning

    P.S. Loving the new template, Clara!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You all are so sweet! In reply to all of your comments, Georgie does not have a blog at the moment. But I'm sure she thanks you all for your kind words! I really enjoyed having her do a guest post for me! She's such a talented writer and photographer!<3
    -Clara

    ReplyDelete
  6. ASDFGHJKL THIS IS SO BEAUTIFUL. <3333 also those photos = GORGEOUS omg.
    Your blog is also so pretty Clara!! :)

    lotsalove,
    abbiee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMGOSH, ABBIEE! Thanks so much for your comment!<3

      Delete