Thursday, September 22, 2016

Chai Latte || A Fall Favorite

Yes, my frens, its officially fall. If I posted this any earlier, I think Vanessa might come charging at me with a pitchfork. *attempts serious gaze at Vanessa then breaks out in copious laughter* But, yes its autumn at last, and its time to break out the fall beverages, oversized sweaters and cute boot warmers. Fall is my favorite season. Its beautiful, colorful and the temperature is just perfect. Fit to please my bookworm soul. 



The chai latte is a new favorite of mine. I make it at least a couple times a week. Its so easy to mix up and doesn't require a recipe that you have to follow. I love recipes where you can improvise as you go along. Kind of what I do with life...now that I think about it. :) 

Items needed

  • 1 Chai spice black tea bag
  • Milk. You can really use however much you need to fill up your mug. I use about 1 cup.
  • A spoonful of honey or sugar
  • A dash of nutmeg and cinnamon 
  • Vanilla to taste
  • A whisk
  • A small saucepan 
  • A strainer or filter 
Directions

Put your milk in a sauce pan over medium-high heat, until the milk is warm. You could also add a bit of cream to make the latte a little richer. Cut the chai spice tea bag open, and dump the tea mixture into the milk. This action lets the chai infuse itself into the milk which ultimately gives you a stronger flavor. Stir until milk becomes slightly darker as a result of the tea infusion. Add a pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg to kick up your flavor. Spoon honey or sugar into the mixture until dissolved. Heat to desired temperature. Pour latte into a strainer to filter out all of the tea leaves, then pour back in saucepan. Stir in a dash of vanilla extract for extra flavor. At this point, if you have a frother, you can froth up the milk like a latte. Pour into mug, and add a pinch of cinnamon on top if desired. 


Happy fall, y'all!

9 comments:

  1. i love this recipe! fall IS HERE. WHAAAAAAAT.
    but i guess i'll have to embrace it with all the fall things..like making this chai latte? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. (: Falls here haha you are saved if this was posted any sooner I might attack! LOL
    This looks so yummy though! chai teas are by far some of the best teas I have had.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I want to try this SO BADLY. <3 Chai tea is the real stuff.

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
  4. That picture looks like liquid-autumn. I think I'll try this for myself some time, it looks amazing! Have you ever tried iced green tea?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness this sounds great!!! Going to try it this fall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooooooo trying this! Fall, I get this warm, *fuzzy* feeling when I think about all of the wonderful things you do in fall. Oh how I love Autumn!

    There is basically 2 seasons, Autumn, and waiting for Autumn!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Umm-ummm-ummmm this looks wonderful! I love chai lattes! Have you ever had organ chai? It. Is. Amazing.
    I just found your blog and I'm loving looking around!
    -elissa
    letter-to-jayna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete