Friday, August 19, 2016

recent life


words// chalet, ripple, sleep, photograph, alone

songs// look on up & be my escape by reliant k, stand by me by the drifters, finally home by jeremy camp, take me home country roads by john denver, a life thats good by peter hollins 

books// miss marple by agatha christie, emerson's essays vol. 1, code name verity by elezabeth wien, go set a watchman by harper lee, virginia wolf's diary 1915-17

movies and tv-shows// funny face, annie, sherlock, death comes to pemberley, signed sealed and delivered, olympic volleyball and gymnastics (my favs) #finalfive

miscellany// fall mornings, tea and warm fleece blankets, walking with friends in the afternoon, fall clothes, new piano music, irish creme lattes, old movie theaters, hot baths, peach snapple, curled hair and lipstick, t-shirts and sweatpants, stargazing, chocolate, phone conversations

smells// lavender essential oil, libraries, homemade bread, moms perfume, bakeries, the ocean air, campfires, the forest     

12 comments:

  1. I'm off to listen to all the songs, and listen to all the music. ;) Haven't the gymnasts been INCREDIBLE??? And all of your miscellany makes my heart happy. This is such a lovely post. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! All of them have done so well! They are just so talented and awesome!:)
      Thank you, Grace

      Delete
  2. AGHHH Code Name Verity is such a good book! It's one of the few historical books I thoroughly enjoy, particularly due to some twists that are uncovered. Volleyball and gymnastics have been incredible during the Games, wouldn't you say? Have you been watching any other sports besides the two, even if it's only been for a couple of minutes? That's how I (accidentally) got into synchronized swimming / diving.

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man, it's such a good book!
      Yes I would have to agree! I also really like sync diving, track, swimming, (#michealphelpsrocks), vault and I really enjoy the triathlons­čśé

      Delete
  3. Ocean air <3 that's something I will always always love. And I like the photo that goes along with this post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. RIO VOLLEYBALL YESSSS.
    Volleyball is always the best. I love your miscellany too. It's strange to think that soon fall will be here. But fall is gorgeous too.
    homemade bread + bakeries + ocean air + forests OMW YEEEES TO ALL OF IT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I like those words. Isn't amazing how a single word can conjure up a whole picture in your mind?! Also, yes to the smell of libraries and campfires! I enjoyed reading this post, Clara. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean!:) it's crazy how simple words can give you the feels XD
      Thank you for your sweet comment, Jessica!<3

      Delete
  6. Did you like Go Set a Watchman? I just reread To Kill a Mockingbird and really liked it!! Also, this is one of the coolest update posts I've read. :) I love how you do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG I'VE BEEN WANTING TO READ GO SET A WATCHMAN AHHH.
    i loved womens' gymnastics #finalfive
    i can't wait until fall stars ah
    also i love the smell of lavender and ocean :))

    xo emily

    ps// i'm gonna try to start blogging again.. let's see how that goes...

    ReplyDelete