Thursday, August 25, 2016

Embrace Yourself



Be who you were created to be, and you will set the world on fire
-st cathrine of siena- 

I often finding myself comparing myself to others. I'm always thinking that I should be different. If only I was prettier- why can't I be more efficient?- why can't I be as godly as her? 
These thoughts are grounded in our society, and are embedded in our minds. But, I'm becoming to realize that behind every "flawless" girl is an ordinary human that is dealing with her own ordinary struggles. All of us have problems. We all have our own victories and downfalls. We mess up and make mistakes. Not one of us are perfect. 

We're human. 

Media doesn't help us out at all. We have the habit of placing ourselves somewhere on the internet where no one can see our flaws, and only the things we want others to see. We make our lives appear perfect, hoping that will make us feel better about ourselves. No. no. Embrace you.
We are all different. We have different clothing styles, music tastes, habits...  We aren't perfect, no, but we are beautiful just the way we are. 

Lets not get caught up in the deception that we have to be pretty to be accepted or loved because the real beauty is in who you are. Be yourself. Be you, and embrace it. Because that is where you find true beauty. So let it shine.

p.s guys! I got my license today! *happy dance* 

20 comments:

  1. Great post, Clara!
    Congrats on your license! How exciting 👏😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Paige!!
      Man, I am SO excited! XD

      Delete
  2. I admire that you always say things as they are. I have been thinking about all this social media too. It's a fun thing but so dawning at times for we get too wrapped up in it! Clara be you! This is such a great message and a person who realizes all this is a person to look up to. Your blog has a special place in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Social media is so fun, and I love it, but sometimes I really get too wrapped up in it like you said! XD Thank you so much for your kind comment, Vanessa! You are so sweet<3<3<3

      Delete
  3. Nice, encouraging post! How true it is. Media portrays a poor and phony image of perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. EEP congratulations on your license!

    There will always be ups and downs with social media. On one hand, it helps us communicate with others and build relationships, but again it can also create unrealistic portrayals of 'perfection', so to speak. What is perfect, anyway? It's a myth. A lie. I don't believe in it, because humans are a flawed people and that is something we should celebrate, not hide.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU, SUNSET!
      Oh, my gosh, yes there are so many pros and cons of social mediaXD
      I seriously loved what you said! "What is perfect, anyway? It's a myth. A lie. I don't believe in it, because humans are a flawed people and that is something we should celebrate, not hide." That is so true!

      Delete
  5. lovely <3

    I always need to hear this message and its always a great reminder since comparing myself to other people is something I seem to do constantly. thank you!:)

    (ps. you're gorgeous! LOVE that picture!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. first off THAT PHOTO YOU ARE SO PRETTY GAHHH

    and all of what you said is so true... <33333333

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so hard to not compare ourselves to others, especially when we're placed in a society where comparisons just happen. "She's smarter, she has her license..." This is such a good message, and something that I need after finishing my first week of school. Thank you for this! <3

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, its really hard when comparison is just a part of life in our society. Its really a pain:p Oh, I hope school is going well for you!!<3<3 Thank you so much for your comment!!

      Delete
  8. This is so beautiful and true! I agree that it's easy to get wrapped up in social media. Also you're super pretty & congrats on your license!! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree 100%. Thank you, Arushee! You are so sweet!!<3<3

      Delete
  9. Comparison is a sure road to discontentment and unhappiness. I read in an article recently (I think it was on "Desiring God") that women need to take the focus off of themselves, off of others, and instead fix their eyes on God and fill themselves with wonder. When we have an outward focus and are filled with the wonder of God, we will inevitably be overwhelmed with joy, as opposed to continually hyper-focusing on our flaws, our struggles, our sins.

    Thanks for this reminder, Clara!! We all need to hear this more often.

    Dani xoxo
    a vapor in the wind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO TRUE!!<3 Thank you for your comment, Dani!!

      Delete