Wednesday, August 3, 2016

5 Tips For Becoming A Better Morning Person


If your like me, your allergic to mornings. You despise setting an alarm for 6:00am, and forcing yourself out of the bed in the morning. For me, this leads to not having the best mood, which isn't fun for anybody. So, before the busy school year starts, full of early mornings and long days, I'd like to share a few tips on becoming a better morning person who wakes up ready to conquer the day ahead! 

1. Place your alarm clock on the other side of the room:
By placing your alarm clock (or phone) in another part of your room besides your nightstand will keep you from hitting that snooze button, and will motivate you out of bed. If your alarm clock has that setting of picking your own wake up song, use it. Pick something soothing and relaxing to wake up to. Two songs I enjoy for alarms can be found here and here

2. Turn on the tunes:
When I wake up to an early morning, the first thing I do is turn on some music while I style my hair or get dressed. Singing along to my favorite songs helps me wake up quicker, and puts me in a happier mood. 

3. Stretch:
Everyday when I wake up, I stretch. It relieves muscle cramps, and it helps you shake off that early morning grogginess. I have found yoga to be very relaxing and beneficial. I run through this sheet of beginner yoga poses every night before bed, and every morning when I wake up. Its also a great pre-run stretch routine, if you run in the mornings. 

4. Exercise:
Yes, its hard to get up, lace up your tennis shoes and hit the pavement or do those push ups. But just push through. Exercising for just a few minutes in the morning can relieve stress, plus it makes you feel more energized, which puts you in a good mood. Here is an easy ten minute work out that you can easily pop into your morning schedule! 

5. Let the light in:
Open your window! Let the sunshine, and that sweet morning fresh air in while you sing to your favorite tunes, exercise, eat breakfast or put on your make up. Fresh air always makes a body feel energized and inspired to start the day with a smile! 

How do you conquer early mornings?
What are some of your favorite morning wake up songs?
Favorite busy day go-to hairstyle?

24 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I love the format of this post! These are all really good tips. I usually get up pretty early, so I definitely know what you mean. I always to try to have my Bible reading in the morning, so that definitely helps me have a better day. Also letting the light in is SO important. It just gives everything a happier vibe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Autumn! Thats really smart to do your Bible reading in the morning!<3
      Thank you for your comment! It brightened my day!:)

      Delete
  2. I'm a total night owl! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! So am I! XD Thanks, Paige!!

      Delete
  3. This is a great post! As for me, I actually don't mind mornings (as long as it's not before 7am) One thing that I really love to use in the morning is an app called Sleep Cycle, the alarm on it is amazing!!
    -Em
    destinationblissblog.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have never heard of Sleep cycle. I'll have to look it up!:)

      Delete
  4. uuuuuuuuhggggggggggggg. just the thought of that alarm clock time makes me CRINGE.
    I SHALL NOT LET SUMMER END I WILL NOT LET SCHOOL COME I CANNOT WAKE UP THAT EARLY.

    gurl, are you a super hero or something?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAME, GIRL!
      Ugggy I have to get up at 7:00 every morning cause mom is doing the "schedule" aaaggggaiinn and we have to have each subject at a certain set time and I think we start at 8:30 or something:p #doubledread

      Delete
  5. So I have actually got an alarm set for 8am in the summer because I don't want to feel like my day slipped away because I woke up late. It is really helpful to me. Breakfast always makes me happy. It's for sure my favorite meal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man, thats good! I usually sleep til 8:30 or 9 in the summer!
      Agreed, breakfast is awesome!

      Delete
  6. I love doing all of these things! Stretching and listening to music really helps me to get going in the morning.

    Have a great weekend!

    Allie D.
    www.alliesblogdesigns.blogspot.com
    www.friendlovesatalltimes.blogspot.com
    www.sevenbloggersandtheirdolls.blogspot.com
    www.sincerelyallied.blogspot.com
    www.spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes yes yes!
      Aww! Thanks! You too!<3

      Delete
  7. Preach about stretching, and a high-five. *high fives Clara* I thought I was the only one alone on this, but stretching after you get out of bed, and before you go to bed at night, is SO relaxing!

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah yeah, gurl! *high fives back*
      I agree, its so relaxing and refreshing!

      Delete
  8. these are honestly such good ideas. mornings don't bother me really, but I will definitely keep these in mind for days where the mornings are often hard to face.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I nominated you for the Leibster Award :)

    xoxo
    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a terrible morning person. If you wake me up before I physically WANT to get up, I will throw my pillow at you so hard it will merge with your face.

    BUT I do need to overcome this morning-phobia. In fact, I already do #2 but I will definitely try out your other tips. TO BEING BETTER AT COPING WITH MORNING TIME! *clinks glass*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh goodness I wish I was better at mornings... I have pondered on the idea of putting my alarm clock on the other side of the room, however I'm in fear of doing it in case I wake up grumpier than usual! I'm the type that will leave it until last minute, jump out of bed with a screech at how late I'm running and eat my breakfast whilst running to the bus... Here's hoping I will change this school year!

    Lauren ♥ | Sincerely, Lauren Emily

    ReplyDelete
  12. Am following # 1, 3 & 5.
    For the last three years I am doing Iyengar Yoga (his basics is to stretch your body - some thing we rarely do on a daily basis.)
    Keeping the alarm clock far away is always a good idea.
    Nothing like allowing the morning sunlight to get in. I always liked houses that are well lit.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these!! Recently I've found I cannot get up out of bed until 8:30 . .. but I've gotta break that habit! Thanks for these tips. :)
    Amanda
    www.skgfun.com

    ReplyDelete