Saturday, July 30, 2016

lately



Hello!
    I thought I'd just pop in and write up a little update about what I've been up to lately. For me, summer has been pretty lazy, and uneventful. Everything has slowed down considerably, which can be nice, and relaxing at times, but flat out boring other times. My family has gone on a few hikes, and fishing outings with friends, and we have taken a few out of town trips together, but nothing super big and exciting. I've spent a lot of time at the library the past few weeks. I've gotten a ton of books that I really want to read before the summers over, and I have to start my school reading list. Right now I'm trying to read the Illiad. I really enjoyed it at first, but its starting to get really boring, and I don't think I'm going to finish it. I'm also reading three biographies on C.S Lewis. I know, like who would read three biographies about the same person? The answer is me... XD I've finished one biography, and I'm well into the second. I love C.S Lewis. He's one of my favorite writers, and I greatly admire him. Its pretty neat to learn all of the obscure, no so well known things about his life before he became a Christian writer. The next books on my reading list are Les Miserables by Victor Hugo, Wuthering Heights by Charlotte Brontë and The Last Lion by William Manchester. 

    The past few days, I've just been hanging around the house, watching Diagnosis: Murder, and old movies from my childhood like Pollyanna, and The Princess Bride. I've organized my closet, rearranged my room, listened to a lot of music, hung out with friends, and read a lot. Its been nice to just take a break from my normally busy life, but I'm getting restless, and I almost want school to start, and I'm even thinking of starting early. I'm getting anxious, and extremely excited about getting my drivers license in two weeks, and I'm nervous about starting college classes through dual enrollment in the fall. This year is going to be a big step up for me. Just the thought of being able to drive, possibly get a job, and tackling school is really exciting for me.

   For the remainder of the summer I'm trying to exercise more on my own. I'm trying to run everyday, and eat healthier. I attempted to do Julia's no sugar challenge, but after a few days, I simply quit:p But, I have been trying new things that work for me, like balancing my intake of food. Not eating too many carbs and trying to eat more protein. Your body needs a little sugar. I don't think its good for you to eat a lot of it at one time, but its not good to completely cut your body off from sugar either. Its pretty much impossible to go sugar free. Sugar is everywhere, its in bread and fruit and yogurt... you really can't get away from it unless you do Paleo, but who really wants to do that?! XD I'm trying to limit myself to one sugary desert a week, and I'm also trying to eat more veggies than fruit, and more protein than carbs, and drink more water. 

    At church, my mom is trying to start a kids choir with the kids club she teaches on Wednesday nights. Out church doesn't have very many kids. Most of the class is made up of my siblings *rolls eyes and laughs*, but we are working on a song for them to sing in church sometime. And since I am one of the two people that play the piano in our church, I was asked to play the accompaniment for the song. I've never played an accompaniment. I've done chord piano for my brother when he sings, but I've never played an actual accompaniment!! I'm pretty excited! Its a beautiful piece and I'm picking it up pretty fast, so that always makes the practicing process easier. I'm also on summer piano break, but I'm currently working on a tango piano piece for a master class I'm doing around Christmas. I attended the master class last year, and it was a great experience. The pianist that conducted the class is almost famous so its a pretty big deal for me that I've been invited to attend! I get nervous thinking about it! Aslkereslrek! This year is going to be awesome, and I'm looking forward for all that lies ahead! 

  So that concludes a few highlights on how I've been and what I've been up to. Now its your turn! Drop a comment down below, and tell me what you've been up to this summer. :) I hope you are all having a lovely weekend! Oh, and pop over and check out my recently updated about page if you would like. 

Until next time,


8 comments:

  1. My summer is pretty much the same as you've described: uneventful, really, and pretty quiet. Oh, I started writing a new fantasy novel, so there's that....

    I really enjoyed reading this, Clara! It's the first post I've seen on your blog, and hopefully it's the first of many more to come! You've got yourself a new follower <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats so neat that your writing a novel! :)
      Thank you thank you, Sunset! Your so sweet!<3

      Delete
  2. lol I relate. My summer so far has been pretty uneventful and should i even say boring? aaah, well. God is still good. Sounds like you're going to be having a full schedule soon though!
    That's really exciting that you get to play accompaniment! When I play the violin, there's usually somebody accompanying me so that's cool. (Well, sometimes. Not always :) It depends where i'm playing.) Haha, yeah the no-sugar diet didn't go too well with me either, but I think it definitely influenced me to cut sugar back a lot and it has helped me in the long run. Paleo dieting would be super hard...but I love finding recipes that are Paleo/vegan/gf/dairy-free because they're typically a lot healthier and better for you than the average recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am SOO excited for the school year to start back up! Pretty much all I've been doing is watching tv, exercising and reading books.....so uneventful, right?:p
      Ohhh! Thats so neat you play the violin! My brother plays the violin as well, so I usually accompany him for that:) The violin is a beautiful instrument!
      lol! Yes, sugar is my friend. I can't give it all up! XD

      Delete
  3. Sounds like your summer has been going pretty well!! The no sugar thing is something I struggle with to because of the fact I don't like to be on a strict diet or cut out a food group! But just eating healthy things overall seems to work well for me oh and LOTS of water. I want to go fishing so badly but that's not something my family does anymore :( Have a good weeek!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes yes! Such a struggle. Same. I'm pretty much doing what you are doing by eating healthy and watching sugar:)
      Fishing is pretty fun, but I never catch anything, so...XD

      Delete
  4. I can't believe that summer is ending in a bit. It's pretty saddening, because brain not fully recovered from last semester = not ready to head back. Reading three biographies about the same person isn't weird (note: I've actually done this before)! And ahhhhhh The Princess Bride! I still need to watch the entire movie because you know, I've only seen like twenty minutes of it. Although the book is SO GOOD. One of my favorite books I've read over the summer. I had to search up Paleo, and it's... *shudder*. Hopefully the children's choir and your master class goes well!

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is sad! I love summer....and I really don't want to start school like you said!
      OMGOSH!! MORNING! THAT IS SO COOL! I thought I was just a nerd or something! Its good to know that other people do that to! XD Yes, you need to watch it girl! Wesley is like....THE BEST DUDE EVAR!

      Delete