Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Awkward + Awesome


Awkward:
1. Carrying 10 books under my chin all through the library, then dropping them, everywhere, all over the biography section causing a random stranger to stare awkwardly at me while I try and pick up my books in a calm, non-clumsy fashion. 

2. Quickly turning off the basement lights then darting upstairs so no one kills you.

3. That moment of silent anticipation that goes through the living room when Simon is deciding.




4. Its really awkward when you and a stranger are walking towards each other, then you try to get out of their way so you turn and they do the same, then you go the opposite way and they follow you. XD

5. Shopping at Michael's for embroidery floss (which is only like 39 cents or whatever) I had my phone and keys in one hand and a whole bunch of change in the other. My total came to 58 cents and I was fumbling around with the change....then I dropped it. It was only like three or four coins, but you kinda feel obligated to pick them up. The cashier just gave me "the face."

6. Being home alone is awesome, okay. But after you get done watching a creepy movie, alone, every sound I hear is like "oh no! here comes a serial killier!", and its like "ooookkkkkay wheres the kitchen knives?!"  *hyperventilates* #chickenheart



7. When your parents run into old friends at the grocery store, it can be quite embarrassing. You know, like the kind of friends your parents use to hang out with when you were a baby. And they're  like "Oh you've grown so much! Do you remember me?! How old are you now?" And your just kinda like "......." *grins* *blushes* 

Awesome:

1. I watched Anne of Green Gables with my mom on Sunday night. We watched the second movie in the series, and OH MY HEART. #soromantic 

2. Finding money in my clothes!



3. Spending all morning at a creek floating down inter tubes, wading in the creek and reading a book of Edgar Allen Poe poems. Nothing like it! Oh and having pizza for lunch was pretty awesome to. XD

4. Just a random thought I had today. Wouldn't it be awesome if I actually owned all the clothing items that I pin on Pinterest? That would seriously be the dream come true. 

5. I took a 7 mile bike ride with my brother on Saturday. We rode down by the river and around town, then we stopped at Dairy queen to get ice-cream. #bestweekendever 

6. Iced hazelnut lattes and bookstores. 

7. Spending some time with myself in my room, listening to music, moving around furniture, and watching old episodes of When Calls the Heart. 


Tell me about you! 
5 Random things you did this week?
What has been your favorite outing this summer?


14 comments:

  1. I just love the Anne of Green Gables films!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found all the Anne books in hard back for 50c each the other day, I was so pleased. And just today I did that thing with a stranger where you both step out of each others way at the same time... and get in each others way again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thats awesome! I have them all as well! lol! Yes, that is always extremely awkward!:p

      Delete
  3. "2. Quickly turning off the basement lights then darting upstairs so no one kills you." I envy you having a basement staircase-- in my house, it's just a five foot ladder, so I feel like something is going to grab me while climbing.

    Five awesome things I did this weekend? Meet up with the Illinois mission group staying in my town, volunteering at the library, actually helping get Freckled Minds launched, watching all of the Bean movies, and just mentally relaxing, really.

    xoxo Morning

    P.S. OH MY SHISH KEBABS the Anne of Green Gables movies! I want to watch them so bad! The squeals cannot be contained-- there are clips from all of the major points in Anne an Gilbert's relationship and I JUST CAN'T, OKAY. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, Morning! You sound like a busy girl!! :)

      Delete
  4. HAHAAA!! I LOVED THE FIRST ONE SO MUCH!

    Oh and why in the world are you buying floss???! ;) ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! Thanx!
      Well, for flossing my teeth of course! XD
      JK, (who would floss their teeth with embroidery floss anyways?) I bought it to make the boho hair wrap, which turned out awesome, btw! :)

      Delete
  5. I have those days every day xD GIRL!!!! I LOVE when calls the heart its like my favorite show ever!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for season 4!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH MY GOSH!!! REALLY?! I only know a few people who actually like that show! Yeah girl, WCTH fans unite! *fist bump*

      Delete
  6. I love these posts! The 'awkward' side always makes me laugh so hard. XD
    For the purchasing-craft-items-at-craft-stores, I have one too. Have you ever bought something like a fifty cent tube of paint and used a coupon just because you had it, so you end up twenty cents for something that was cheap anyway? I have. And the cashier looks at you like the cheap person you are. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! Thanks! SAME! So awkward! XD

      Delete
  7. Me: *scrolls through blog, stops, grins really big when I see SPN gif.* #allhailspngifs
    The first one was so funny :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude, you know what? Your awesome.

      Delete