Friday, June 10, 2016

when your on a diet and you see a hamburger...

when you see a kid eating a peanut butter cup...
when you hear the noise of your brother crunching popcorn slathered in butter in your ears...
when your siblings decide to make CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH on the very day you decide to diet..
when mom breaks out the homemade mashed potatoes, blended with cream cheese and butter...
when you see the ice cream sitting in the freezer in all of its majesty... *choir sings and rays of light land on the carton as you drool in awe*

or...
when you see a glorious hamburger,

this is how you would feel


i decided to join the no sugar challenge my dear friend, Julia is putting on. if you guys read her blog you'll know she lost 7 POUNDS in two weeks! like wow, girl! so...I'm gonna try this for two weeks, and hopefully i can stick with it, cause I just love food people! its comforting to me. when i'm angry or sad, i really enjoy a nice plate of comfort food..... or waffles! (by the way, on a random rabbit trail, i'm totally on #teamwaffle, and i still have to get that post up!) but seriously! no waffles for two weeks! i'm gonna die...


so my goals for these two weeks is to...
  •  stay away from carbs
  •  stay away from sugar
  •  eat 4 servings of veggies a day
  •  drink close to a gallon of water everyday
and
 resist. resist. RESIST.


volleyball just started. and all i can say is conditioning is hard! i always come home sore, but its actually really rewarding, and i feel great after getting in shape. so all of that paired with volleyball should be a great dieting program! my mom has experimented with a few healthy eating programs over the years, and she knows all the "secrets" so i'll have some great help. i can say that, but the struggle is real peeps, and some days i'm gonna be craving that ice-cream cone or hamburger so bad, but I just have to close my eyes and WALK AWAY! onward, to fight that sugar! 


20 comments:

  1. You go, girlie!
    I've tried that diet as well- I think I only made it 3 days, lol XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! DIETING IS SO NOT COOL!! SUGAR IS MY FRIEND! I've tried other dieting programs before and I didn't make it very long either:p But, I have to show Julia I can do this!! XD

      Delete
  2. You can do it! :D

    (But I totally know the feeling when your family decide to eat the nicest of sugary foods, and you can't. :P)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessica!
      IKR? Its kind of annoying! XD

      Delete
  3. WHY ARE YOU SO GOOD AT BLOGGING?!!! *falls into pit of jealousy* seriously, this post is GOOOAAALLLLSS.

    resisting is one of the hardest things possible. Though, I would be over there with your brother, stuffing my face with buttery popcorn. NO SUGAR THERE *crunch*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ASKEKRHEKJS! Thanks, Julia!
      Oh, but my dear friend, butter builds FAT, and thats not what I want.... lol!
      I know people who eat popcorn without butter, but thats just gross! XD

      Delete
  4. GO CLARA!!!!
    That's so awesome to see another person doing this diet. Actually, you're doing a lot better than I am. The first two days I started, in the morning I still had my cereal (just making sure I kept it under the serving amount of sugar we can have) (BUT IT WAS ORGANIC SUGAR THAT DOESN'T MAKE A DIFFERENCE ADFKJSL) and DID you know that a fun-size Twix bar only has 8 g. sugar and the amount Julia set is 12 g. (I think?) haha, but yeah, that's the only refined sugars I've eaten since I started and I'm hoping to really work on that!!
    GOOD JOB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CEREAL IS MY WEAKNESS!!! I had a bowl of cheerios yesterday, but I had bananas with them so...you know....thats something healthy! XD
      askhekslkeh TWIX! *drools* I think I'm addicted to sugar...but there are worse things I could be addicted to right?! XD

      Delete
  5. Good luck, Clara!!!!! Dieting is harddddd. But you can do it!!! :D


    Also...#TEAMWAFFLEFOREVER XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha I love this! Good luck I know you can do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should try having homemade popcorn made with coconut oil instead of buttered popcorn. It's good trust me! Of course you had to add salt, but that doesn't count! ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, good idea!:) I'll have to try that!

      Delete
  8. Oh my word, good luck. I would find this SOO hard to do, because I also love food. So creds to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YOU CAN DO IT! tbh i love food too much.. heheh

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Let's go, Clara! I can't go two weeks without sugar because my entire diet is dictated by whatever my family serves, and we have sweets every day. Just rely on the power of fruits!

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, fruits will get me through! XD

      Delete