Saturday, June 4, 2016

New York City || Carnegie Hall


  The performance was merely a few minutes away. It seemed to take forever for all 90 of us to weave our way through the hallways and staircases of backstage, but we finally walked out and took our places on the risers. I was in total awe! The crowd cheered, and as our director walked out onto the stage, I think all of us felt tears welling up in our eyes. Our director was the one who had united this family, and had spent countless hours organizing every little detail of this trip, not to mention the hours she gave out of her life to practice with us. Carnegie Hall was what we had worked so hard for! This is what we spent hours of practice on! We had reached our goal and the time was near where we would present our music to New York. As we stood there, all I could think of was, "this is where Louis Armstrong, Billie Holiday, George Gershwin, Yo Yo Ma, Peter Tchaikovsky, The Beatles, and many others have stood, and I, a 16 year old country girl gets to preform here!" 

Our dream had come true...

   We began to sing. The feelings I felt were incredible. Each of us were so filled with emotion, that I can't even describe what we felt. All I know is that each and everyone of us felt unity. We had a sense of togetherness, all of us as one, standing on the stage in Carnegie Hall, and looking out in the crowd, knowing that this had been the ultimate goal all along. My dad had the privilege of standing next to each other in concert. At then end of the performance we held hands for a moment before we exited the stage. That was a moment that I'll never forget.

    Choir is ended for the summer, and the trip has been over for almost a week. I have enjoyed getting to know each person in my choir as individuals, and the experience I've had with my choir family over the past year has been nothing short of amazing. Its sad to think that people from this past year will be moving on, but I'll always remember the experience I've had with them, and I'm looking forward the many more adventures that we will experience in the future! 



8 comments:

  1. oh. my. word. BEAUTIFUL! I didn't realize you had such a large choir group. It's fantastic!! I SO SO SO WISH THAT I COULD HAVE HEARD YOU SING. gah. I mean it....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, around 90! Its grown so much from when the choir started in 2014! Thats not actually us in the picture though ^^^ thats one of the other choirs! They got to play with the symphony, and that was amazing!

      Delete
  2. AWW that's so cool that you got to sin in Carnegie Hall! WOAH. I mean, that's like BIG. I agree with Julia, I WISH I COULD'VE HEARD YOU SING. I sing with my school choir, but it's nothing that big. (NOT NEAR.) That's so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR! It was sooo amazing that I even got to go! Its an experience I'll never forget! XD

      Delete
  3. You're so lucky! My choir MAY be heading to NYC next year, actually!!! But AHHHH, it's the same stage that music legends have performed on! It's one of my dream goals to actually be able to step onto that stage, either to perform or receive an award. Just talking about it makes me feel the amount of incrediblity that comes from performing at Carnegie!!!

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. REALLY?!!! Thats awesome! You should do a post about it if you go!!

      Delete
  4. That's so amazing, Clara!! I'm so happy you got to do that!! Do you have any more pictures?

    An acquaintance of mine (Olivia) just went and sang there. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christine! I do have a few more pictures that I'll be sharing in future posts, so look out for them! :)
      Thats so neat your friend went! It was an awesome experience! :)

      Delete