Tuesday, May 31, 2016

New York City Adventure

My peeps! Left to right (Clara, Taryn, Kennedy and Abigail.)
These girls are awesome btw.
Hey reader, you!
I've been dying to tell you some pretty big news over the past few months. I hinted that I was taking a choir trip to NYC, but I didn't say what we were doing there. Now, I can finally share then news! ...So without further a due, I'm pleased to announce our college community choirs debut performance in....

Carnegie Hall!

Yes, Carnegie Hall! One of the biggest concert venues in the United States! Working with the choir has been a great experience! I was in the choir from the beginning, when it started two years ago. Its been great getting to know everyone individually, and being able to grow into a choir family in the past year while we have been working on our concert program! It was also amazing to get to experience New York City with my daddy! (pictured below) It was such a great bonding time with just the two of us. I'm telling you, it was awesome to be able to sing in Carnegie Hall with him. It was simply an amazing and unforgettable event that I will remember for the rest of my life.

Our trip lasted May 26th- May 30th. So little time to see everything NY has to offer. I plan on doing a NYC series with each post containing something different we saw in New York. I plan on writing up a post on the 9/11 memorial, Phantom of the Opera on Broadway, the Carnegie Hall concert among several other things. In this post I'll just be doing a random post of photos that won't fit in the other posts. I apologize in advance for the bad quality of some of the pictures. Some were taken hastily with an iPhone and others with my camera while I dashed through the streets. There was so much to see, the city was extremely busy and we were tossed and turned with all the crowds. It was hard to stop and take decent pictures, although I do have a few really neat ones!



Dad and I at the airport!


 The view from the plane on our first travel day


The view from the plane as we fly into Newark, New Jersey.


Our choir stayed at The Grand Hyatt. Its a four start hotel owned by Donald Trump, which I thought was interesting...:)



View of the city from the hotel window. By day and by night. 


Times Square. If you ever visit NYC, I wouldn't recommend going there. Its not the best place to sight see. We saw some wired stuff going on, but it was really neat to see where The Today Show is filmed and to see all those huge flat screen televisions hanging on the skyscrapers!


A guy dressed up as the Statue of Liberty in Times Square. 


There were a lot of people dressed up as disney characters, and movie characters for people to take pictures with in Time Square. I even saw an Elvis dude that I really wanted to get a picture with, but I was to much of a chicken to ask....


Taryn and I at the hotel.



This part of the post is where I get into the food part of NYC. Let me just say that ALL the food was amazing! For two mornings in a row we went to a bagel shop called, Ess-a-Bagel. It was awesome! The strawberry cream cheese was to die for, and I could have ate it like ice-cream, although that would not have been good for me:p
Funny story. Our first time going to this bagel shop there was a huge line all the way down the block. When we finally ordered our food, the employees looked exhausted and really annoyed. My dad ordered an everything bagel with pastrami, cheese and egg. I ordered a plain bagel with strawberry cream cheese. We got the order and were ready to eat when we noticed that they had put everything my dad had ordered on the plain bagel and the strawberry cream cheese on the everything bagel. Not the greatest thing in the world! It tasted like a salty strawberry, but I ate it anyways:p



Waiting in line to get into the restaurant. Right to left: 
(Me, Taryn, Anna, Courtney)


On Friday night, the night of the Broadway show, we went to a restaurant called Ellen's Stardust Diner. The diner had a singing wait staff, and the food was delicious! 


NYC's M&M store. I purchased peanut butter filled M&M's and they were #awesome!







The street vendor market outside of our hotel,


The Empire State Building lit up at night.


I'm looking forward to posting more about NYC! This is just one of the many posts to come! I'm sad our trip is over, but I had a great time and got to bond with some really neat people! This would have never been possible without my parents, my friends and families support. Thanks everyone! 



20 comments:

  1. SO jealous. New York is officialy on my bucket list.
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get there some day, cause its an amazing experience! <3

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a great time! It would've been quite an experience - everything looks a lot different to what I'm used to, anyway. :) I'm looking forward to hearing more about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was a lot different for me to! :) I come from a pretty small town, but I've always loved being busy, so I really enjoyed it!

      Delete
  3. That sounds like SO much fun! I would've wanted a picture with Olaf, but I probably would be too much of a chicken too. :)

    Allie D.
    www.alliesblogdesigns.blogspot.com
    www.friendlovesatalltimes.blogspot.com
    www.sincerelyallied.blogspot.com
    www.spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. NYC looks awesome! I was there a really long time ago, so I think it would be fun to go there sometime soon again. Can't wait to hear more about your trip :) That's so AWESOME that you got to sing in Carnegie Hall. =) I love going into big cities like that sometimes, the hustle and bustle of the streets is so incredible. But I think most times I like to stay home in my little old small town in the country. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, if you even get a chance....its an awesome experience!
      I've always thought that NYC at Christmas time would be so neat! I'm just hoping I'll get to go back some day! There are certain things that I appreciate about the country as well. The city is nice for awhile, but it was nice to come back home:)

      Delete
  5. I'M SO JEALOUS! New York City looks like such an amazing and astonishing place! I love that last picture since it makes me feel like I am the one walking there. and strawberry cream cheese. YES PLEASE. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. STRAWBERRY CREAM CHEESE! *dies*
      I need more of it XD

      Delete
  6. Isn't New York incredible? That's so cool that you got to sing in Carnegie Hall!!! And I'm dying to hear all about Phantom!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, it defiantly is incredible! And Carnegie was amazing!
      Phantom post coming soon!:)

      Delete
  7. I love all the group shots!! Gosh, soooooo many cool things to look at. You never even told me you went to the M&M STORE. HOW DID YOU NOT TELL ME THIS?!!? I want to go there... :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! We took a ton of selfies at the airport cause our first flight go delayed two hours....:p
      I didn't!? There was so many things we did, its hard to talk about them all in a phone conversationXD

      Delete
  8. THATS AMAZING! all those pictures look so great! wow. what an incredible experience.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like such a fun trip! I'm actually going to be going to New York City next year and this makes me even more excited (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it really was! Thats so neat that you get to go! I know you'll have a great time!<3

      Delete
  10. Looks like such an exciting trip! Congrats on performing in Carnegie Hall! I have never been to New York City but it's on my bucket list for when I visit New York (and all the other states). :)

    Dani xoxo
    a vapor in the wind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! Its been on my bucket list for awhile to! It would be so fun to visit all of the states someday! :)

      Delete