Wednesday, May 4, 2016

child of the trees


those stinging tears flooded without control
every one a raging sea with black and fogging sky, trapped inside a single droplet.
running...running
far from the world who orphaned me, and into the arms that love me.
i ran to nature, my friend, and she took me under her vast,
welcoming wing.
i am a child of the trees
proud of what i am...what i have become
and forgetting who i was
i ran to the mountains when i was wounded and crying in despair
and they loved me, gave me hope.
the eagle, the sparrow, the fox, and the wolves
and all the countless stars in the black night sky
they are my 
family
surrounding me with loyalty, compassion and protection
i am home forever
i am still amazed how nature, herself, possesses that everlasting power to
infinitely heal, and restore ones soul
and to give that promise that dawn comes after night
and the beauty of spring after winter

i am a child of the trees
and they love me.




10 comments:

  1. WHY ARE THERE NOT MORE COMMENTS ON THIS POST
    THIS IS AMAZING

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, really?!
      YOUR AMAZING!<3<3

      Delete
  2. That photo is fantastic! And your writing is too magnificent for words. <3

    Sophia xx
    A Lantern In Her Hand
    The Inkpot Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, this is beautiful, Clara!! I love your choice of words!
    It really reminded me of the song 'Lost Boy' by Ruth B. Kinda about a child meeting Peter Pan and running away to Neverland – similar theme. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Embers!
      I've never heard the song 'Lost Boy' but it sounds awesome!:)

      Delete