Friday, March 25, 2016

Dying Eggs // Newest Member






Hey y'all!
I did the coolest thing with Easter eggs today. I saw a video on Facebook on how you can dye eggs using natural dyes, it looked amazingly fun, so I decided to give it a shot! Heres how I did it!


  • I took some red cabbage and chopped it up and put it in a pan with some water to let it boil until the cabbage had dyed the water a purple color. Take the pan off the stove.
  • Next, I gathered some eggs as well as things from out of doors such as a flower, leaf, rosemary sprig, ect. And some of my holy nylons.
  • I placed the flowers, leafs and such up against the egg and placed then in a piece of my nylon that I had cut into sections, as seen above in the first picture. Tied them off and placed them in the cabbage water. I let them sit for nearly four hours. 
  • Unwrap your little packages and wah-lah! I used the red cabbage for the robins egg blue color, but apparently you can also use onion peel, in the same way, to create a yellow color. We didn't have any onion skins to spare unfortunately, otherwise I would have tried that as well. 

Coolest thing, ever right? So, thats one of the things I did today, other than delivering pastries to some choir patrons:)
Tonight, my family and I are going to watch God's Not Dead. I've never seen it before, but I've heard a lot about it, and I love the song:) I saw a preview for God's Not Dead 2  that is coming out soon as well. Oh, and Ben Hurr is being released this August! I'm like beyond excited about that!! Ahh! Ben Hurr is amazing! *dies*
Soooo......yeah, anyhoo, I've just become the newest member of Camp NaNoWriMo! I do love to write and decided, "why not?" I know a few people who have done it in the past, and it sounds like a lot of fun. If you guys have any advise, I'd be happy if you could share:) 

I hope you all have a wonderful, Easter, dear readers!<3


20 comments:

  1. That's such a cool egg idea!
    I love the song God's Not Dead! The movie wasn't my favorite, but it wasn't bad.
    I've thought about doing NaNo, but I honestly think I would lose my mind. I'll have to think about it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Grace!
      Yes, the Newsboys did a great job with the song!
      Yeah, NaNoWriMo sounds like a lot of work, but when its all done I'll hopefully have a novel that I will be proud of:) I just hope I don't go crazy! :)

      Delete
  2. What marvelously pretty eggs! I'm going to try this, for sure. :D
    I really liked God's Not Dead! My family and I saw it in theaters. I was really eager to support the Christian moviemaking movement. I hope you enjoy it too. :)

    Oh, yeah, Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Embers! They were so fun to do!
      I'm really excited about seeing it:)

      Delete
  3. Those eggs are really cool. I watched God's Not dead and was not overly impressed with it, it had a lot of problems, still I hope you enjoy it. I did a blog post on it a while ago when I watched it here: http://claredot.blogspot.com.au/2015/03/gods-not-dead-ripped-to-pieces.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Clare, I really enjoyed reading your post! I'll have to watch it and then read it again:)

      Delete
  4. Awesome! I'm doing Camp NaNo as well. XD What is your planned word count goal? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats great, Sarah! It sounds so fun!<3

      Delete
  5. WOAH!!! I love the blue!! I'm still thinking about Camp Nano ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is cool you just joined Camp NaNoWriMo because I did too! I'm excited and looking forward to it. :)

    The egg idea is really neat by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. COOL!
    Oh, your doing Camp Nano this year?
    What is your profile name thing? I'm participating, too and would love to add you as a friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, my mom and I were talking it over and she said that I probably shouldn't do it, cause I have other things going on that are more important, so I guess the plan has changed.....sadly, but thank you so much for asking! You're so sweet!<3

      Delete
  8. Welcome to Camp, Clara! XD The Easter eggs look so cool! All I think my family is doing tomorrow is eating out (because we're going to church later tonight). XD

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Morning!<3 Have a great night at church!<3

      Delete
  9. Hi Clara! I enjoyed reading your post-- your eggs looked really neat. :)
    I followed your blog, and I can't wait to read more from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Emily!
      Thank you so much for the follow!!!<3<3<3

      Delete
  10. oh wow! that's extremely innovative and very beautiful<3 hope that easter went well for you, darling xx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nameless Writer! You are so sweet!<3

      Delete