Monday, April 27, 2015

holding nothing back

Behind this curtain there is a heart that's hurting.
It's been taking a beating. It's starting to fall apart.
And I feel like such an easy target. Dodging bullets, I'm exhausted.
How can every moment be this hard?
I'm holding nothing back from you.
Doesn't really matter what I lose.
Got a heart that's open. I'm broken and I want you to know
Jesus, I don't want anything coming in between you and me.
Jesus, it doesn't matter what I have to go through.
I'm holding nothing back, nothing back from you.


I've got a list that goes on and on.
It's overflowing with memories of everything that I've been doing wrong
And I'll be the first to say, I've chased after so many foolish things looking for a
way to kill the pain.
Oh, I'm holding nothing back from you.
Doesn't really matter what I lose.
Got a heart that's open. I'm broken and I want you to know.
Jesus, I don't want anything coming in between you and me.
Jesus, it doesn't matter what I have to go through.
I'm holding nothing back, nothing back from you.


I try to do the right things.
Why am I struggling day to day with these same old things?
Whatever's taking your place, I'm getting out of the way.
I'm getting out of the way.
Jesus, I don't want anything coming in between...
Jesus, I'll do what I gotta do.
I'm holding nothing back, back from you.
Jesus, I don't want anything coming in between you and me.
Jesus, it doesn't matter what I have to go through.
I'm holding nothing back, nothing back from you.
-Holding Nothing Back by Ryan Stenenson


We all go through battles and tests. Spiritual battles or emotional battles of doubt, fear, unworthiness, battles with siblings, parents, battles with yourself and just life in general. Its hard going through those times and one top being a teenager! Life can seem totally out of whack one day and other days life feels perfect. This song is just what I needed today. I know deep in my heart I'm not alone, Jesus is with me just when I need Him. As my mom says "A teacher is always quite during a test." Maybe God is just being quite during my tests and battles, but I can know He is there even though it may not feel that way.

Hugs<3
Clara

9 comments:

  1. God's battles... sometimes we don't understand why we endure them. I have been disappointed more than ever over the past few months vying for things that I want but I have been told I cannot have. It's sad, but I wonder what He has in store. There is an opportunity for me that is coming up over the summer... maybe the answer lies there?

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely beautiful <3 Looove the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love that song, and such a great reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those lyrics and those pictures together are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is perfect, Clara. So sweet. <3
    --Rebecca at www.thesilverflute.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow..so sweet!! How are you? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clara, I absolutely love this! I especially appreciated the last quote, about teachers being quiet in tests.

    I always like to think of Noah and what it must have been like to receive that first olive branch, that first sign from God that life was restored and the storm was finally over...

    a vapor in the wind

    ReplyDelete