Thursday, March 26, 2015

Lord I Need You





Sometimes when life seems gentle and blessings flood my way,
I turn my gaze away from You and soon forget to pray.
But when the sky grows darker and courage turns to fear,
My anxious voice cries upward with words You long to hear.

Lord, I need You when the sea of life is calm.
O Lord, I need You when the wind is blowing strong.
Whether trials come or cease, keep me always on my knees.
Lord, I need You. Lord I need You.

Lord help me to remember I'm weak but You are strong.
I cannot sing apart from You, for Lord, You are my song.
Though I'm prone to wander and boast in all I do.
Lord, keep my eyes turned upward so I depend on You.

Lord, I need You when the sea of life is calm.
O Lord, I need You when the wind is blowing strong.
Whether trials come or cease, keep me always on my knees.
Lord, I need You. Lord I need You.
-Ron Hamilton


22 comments:

  1. Are those photos of you!
    If they are you are gorgeous, girlie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jordy! My brother took the pictures:)

      Delete
  2. Those photos are so beautiful, as are you!
    Also, this reminded me of the song "Lord I Need You"... XD

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx, Morning! <3 It actually is a song by Ron Hamilton. I should have said that in the post! :)

      Delete
  3. So beautiful! I LOVE the cloud jar, that is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got that idea on Pinterest! Thank you, Sarah! You are so sweet<3

      Delete
  4. Amen, amen, amen! <3 Beautifully written.

    Those pictures are so lovely, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow..totally needed that tonight, dear! :) l LOVE those photos!! You are so pretty!! I got your email tonight..but won't be able to respond tomorrow. I am going to my grandma's for the day. I will try and write you back this weekend! :) Love you, little sis. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! No rush. I hope you have a wonderful day at your grandmas house! <3

      Delete
  6. Beautiful photos! I love the cloud jar:) Great inspiration. -Bethany!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment, Bethany! <3

      Delete
  7. I love the photos! You are so beautiful. And the poem is absolutely perfect.

    Ron Hamilton summarizes pretty much exactly what my life seems to be like over and over again.

    I need Jesus every hour.

    Thank you and God bless!

    Dani from a vapor in the wind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting, Danielle! You are so sweet<3 I absolutely love Ron Hamiltion songs! His lyrics are so real.

      Delete
  8. This is a LOVELY post. :)
    Sophia
    someplaceinthemidst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment, Sophia!

      Delete
  9. This is a beautiful post, I loved the pictures! The "Cloud Jar" is so cute!!

    ~Noor
    a little bit of sunshine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Noor! You are so sweet<3

      Delete