Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Beauty and The Beast Production

I had an amazing time in the production of Beauty and The Beast! I made a lot of new friends that I will miss terribly! I always hate when a production comes to an end. We worked so hard on this play and then its all over in two nights:( My friends and I have a joke going on about when productions come to a close every one gets PDD. (Post Drama Depression) I am a a little sad, but all in all I had an amazing time!

On the first night we had to be at the theater two hours early. We practiced bowing and exiting the stage then we ate dinner and the rest of the time we sat in the dressing room and got ready for the performance.We got our costumes and stage make-up on then one of the girls parents brought 6 boxes of pizza! It was great! I had already had dinner, but I had some pizza as well. Who wouldn't? :) There were tons of laughter, singing, taking selfies and chatting in the dressing rooms up until about ten minutes before places then everyone got very quiet.... Surprisingly I wasn't nervous at all. A group of us girls got together in a corner held hands a prayed before we went out. It was really amazing. I just felt a peace about going out on stage.

Me and my good friend Babette!

Oh, It was just a wonderful experience! I don't know what else to talk about! I might be posting a part two to this post because I might be able to get some pictures of all of us kids on stage during the performance!
Belle and I

Everyones costumes were terrific! Belles was my favorite. I overheard that they spray painted her dress gold, and actually it looks really good! This is my 'human again' costume. I  look like Cruella Diville! But it was a fun costume to act in:)

Marice (Belles father) and I! Don't you just love the mustache!?

Back stage was a mess at the tech rehearsal. We used a local elementary school stage and there were chairs, music stands, drums, chalk boards and benches all over back stage. It was hard to change the sets for the stage hands. Believe me I saw the stress first hand! The last dress rehearsal was a disaster and I thought the performance was going to be terrible, but actually it went amazingly smooth, and the director said she only saw two minor things happen in the two performances! It was truly magical! My favorite part of the performance was the last song Beauty and the Beast, when we all were singing in a big line. It was just amazing, I can describe it feeling. The music and the cheering and just the fullness of our singing was astounding!

Tale as old as time song as old as rhyme, Beauty and the Beast.

Clara 















15 comments:

  1. oh how fun! You are so beautiful!! Looks like you had a great time. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sarah! You are so sweet! We had tons of fun, and I am looking forward to being in more plays to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a lot of fun! Loved this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love musicals and theatre in general; I'm always so torn when a production comes into an end, because so much fun happens 24/7. Usually I end up suffering Post Musical Syndrome, which is when you try your best not to believe that a production is over by using songs and terms from that show into your everyday vocabulary.

    I totally get the thing about pizza. My parents are very inactive when it comes to supporting me and my theatre troupe, so to make up for it they just buy pizza and say, "It's all good." Ah, well, hopefully there are more productions in the future for you. :)

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Musicals are awesome! Ah ha! Yes PMS.....I think I have that because I keep singing Gaston, The Mob Song, Be Our Guest and Human Again! Ha ha! Thats to funny! Pizzas good! Thanks for your comment Morning!
      Clara<3

      Delete
  5. This looks like so much fun!
    When I was homeschooled, I used to do this drama camp where we would come everyday for a week and learn a play. I would always be so sad to leave everyone after the week was gone, although I didn't usually make friends because I was so shy.
    I understand how much you miss something like this once it's over!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that drama camp sounds like so much fun! I know what you mean....I think I was a little to shy in some ways for this play because most of the public high school kids completely ignored me. But maybe thats just their problem! :D

      Delete
  6. Ah!!! YOU ARE SO PURELY ADORABLE! I would have loved to see you in your actual costume though. ;) I need to call you so we can talk all about the play! :D I miss you so much! Did you get my letter? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Thank you, Julia! Thats what I forgot! I was going to post a picture of my wardrobe costume, but I never loaded it up:) I haven't gotten your letter yet, but the mail hasn't come yet today.....Can't wait to talk to you dear!

      Delete
    2. Okay! I hope you get it today. :) Yes, we NEED to talk! :D

      Delete
  7. That's sounds awesome!! I love performing!! I dance at a Christian dance school and we perform twice a year. (The Nativity and just a Spring Show! ) It's always so much fun to all get to hang out in our costumes and then get to perform on stage together! :) We're doing a show in May and I have 7 dances to learn! Performing twice a year is what I always look forward too! I also love musicals so that would have been awesome to be in! I'm glad that you have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats so cool, Maddy! The Nativity sounds like so much fun! The group I just started with is a dance school and they are having a spring show as well! I hope you will do awesome in your performances! Go get em!

      Delete