Friday, March 20, 2015

Ask Clara (Answers) Part 2

Back here with part two of Ask Clara!

Maddy's Questions:
1. What's your dream vacation?
Ooh, my dream vacation would be spending almost all of my summer holiday somewhere where its insanely hot, like Hawaii or the Bahamas. I would go swimming or diving everyday, and ice-cream would be available 24/7. No screaming siblings and a nice air-conditioned hotel room! :D

2. Do you play any sports?
At the moment, no I do not play sports. I played volleyball when I was 10 and 11, but I haven't played much after that.

3. Have you ever gone anywhere other than the United States?
No, I haven't. But one of my dreams for when I become older is to travel the world just my suitcase and me. =)

Ashley's Questions: 

1. What's your favorite book in the Bible and why?
I really love Esther. I really admire her bravery and willingness to give herself up for her people. The qualities in Esther are the qualities I want to strive for as a Christian girl.

2. Have you ever been on a missions trip? If so, where and what did you do?
I have never been on a missions trip before. I think it would be so much fun though! I have always wanted to go help out in orphanages in Mexico, but I don't think that God is leading me to that area this year.

3. Have you ever read the Bible through? If so, how? (In regular order, chronological order)
No, I have never read the Bible all the way through. That is something I should try to do.

4. What is your salvation testimony?
I have grown up in a Christian home all my life, and I gave my life to Jesus when I was about 7. When I was 10 we moved to Tennessee. Thats when I started to really doubt my salvation. Now that I was older I began to really think about God and salvation deeply, and I thought, "How could God want to save me.....he wouldn't want me, I'm no good....he doesn't love me at all." I didn't think that a holy God would want such a naughty little girl as I. I was doubting big time, and I didn't know what to do about it. One night we went to church and there was a guest speaker. He spoke about doubting. That was just what I needed....I was doubting. I listened intensely the whole way through the service with open hears and heart. I think my mom knew what I was going through because she reached over and held my hand, passing me one of her tender, "you know I'm always right here for you" looks, because somehow parents know everything about there kids:) The speaker spoke about how Satan puts doubts in our minds to make us think that we have lost our salvation, but God says in John 10:28 "And I give to them eternal life; and they shall never perish, and no one shall snatch them out of my hand." I believed it. I believed that when I prayed back when I was 7, God had come into my heart, he heard me, and I was just doubting. Human nature is to doubt promises and thats what I was doing. No, not everything from then on was easy now that I had that problem knocked out. I would still have struggles in my Christian walk, but I knew God was right beside me and He loved me.

Autumn's Questions:
1. Biggest pet peeve?
My biggest pet peeve? Oh, I have several, but I won't bore you will the big fat list I have! :) I really hate it when my CD player skips! I don't know why it annoys me, but when a CD skips it just gets on my nerves for some reason......

2. Whats the worst time of the year (season wise)?
Totally the winter time. Yeah, its pretty at first, but the snow and the dark sky can get a little dismal and depressing, dark and dreary...if you know what I mean:)

3. Is there a song that really annoys you?
Yes, yes yes yes yes!!!! I really dislike theme songs from little kid shows like this one show my siblings watch on occasion called Zula Patrol. The show is about these little alien things that fly around and teach you about the atmosphere and planets, and the theme song is sung in this squeaky little kid voice and its fast and the tune is just ridiculous!! Oh, Clara........calm down! (I was literally attacking the key-board in rage) Ha ha!

4. Dress up of dress down?
It depends of my mood or the occasion. If I'm going to a fancy party or a banquet I will want to dress up a little more, but I really just like my jeans, and comfy sweeter or a skirt. So I would say I usually dress down.

5. Do you like liver as a food?
Ew! No! I know people who love it. I just.....yeah don't like it! Once my mom made it for breakfast...um not fun. :)

Clara


12 comments:

  1. What awesome questions and answers! Loved reading them! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traveling is so much fun! :) You should totally go! And your salvation story sounds so extraordinary! I used to doubt that God was there, but something five years ago made me believe. :)

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I really want to travel some day! <3

      Delete
  3. I LOVE THE ZULA PATROL THEME SONG!! Way way out where the plants do the hula, spin and shout till you find yourself on Zula.. :D hahaaaaa, sorry. ;) Hey, guess what! I think I should be able to call you tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julia! Its so weird!!!! :) YAY!!! I'll be looking forward to your call!

      Delete
  4. Loved your answers :-) I would totally dress down too..

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dream vacation is also to go to Hawaii...although I think that my expectations for what would happen wouldn't be realistic because my expectation is based on a book. (Christy Miller series if you've heard of it)
    I DON'T LIKE THE ZULA PATROL THEME SONG EITHER. AHH it's so annoying! There's also this other show my siblings watch called Odd Squad. It's a horrible theme song as well...
    Loved the rest of your answers by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hawaii would be so nice! Oh yeah....Odd Squad is really annoying as well!! My siblings watch it all the time!

      Delete
  6. You and I vastly differ on our opinions as far as good weather. I live in Southern California, where it is forever a billion degrees, and love going to Oregon more than life, simply because it's freezing there. <3
    Loved reading your answers, Clara, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, living in a really hot environment would get a bit boring after awhile! I have heard Oregon is beautiful! Do you go there every summer or something?

    ReplyDelete