Sunday, January 4, 2015

An Adventure and Snow Waves

Hey y'all! This weekend my parents rented some cross country skis for our family. In case you didn't know, cross country skis are pretty much skis with only the toe attached. And you ski on flat ground. That. Was. Interesting. I didn't really like the skiing on flat ground thing. The guy we rented them from said you move by lunging your body forward. Lets just say I wasn't the greatest at it at first, but eventually picked it up. ; ) But I must say I had a pretty fun time with my family. I got some pictures of my brother (who picked it up fabulously by the way) that I thought I'd share with you all.


The other day I went for a walk in our back yard. I pulled on my dads big Muck boots, camera in hand and trudged outside. Out there I found some beautiful 'snow waves' as I call them! I made this collage for you guys!
Also, I thought I'd share some of my favorite reads lately. I found this awesome blog called Go Teen Writers. Its been so encouraging and informative, and full of great ideas from getting your writing desk organized to how to start editing your second draft. I hope you'll hop on over there and read a bit! Also, I have made three new blogger friends! ArusheeLauren and Katie! I hope you'll stop by and leave them a comment! Well, have a lovely week my darlings!

Clara


11 comments:

  1. Skiing! I've never been skiing before; I really want to though. It's rather a disappointment, actualy, because I'm that one person in my class who has never been skiing or snowboarding. And isn't Go Teen Writers amazing? I love their tips and link ups!

    xoxo Morning
    http://theworldthroughmywindowsill.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Thanks for your comment, Morning! Yes, you should totally try skiing! Its awesome once you get the hang of it, which, I promise you doesn't take that long:D Thanks for you link! I will totally check out your blog!
      Clara

      Delete
  2. This looks like so much fun! Those are gorgeous photos x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's looks really fun! Two of my cousins love skiing but I don't really know if I would like it because I'm not big into winter outside activities. I love ice skating though!
    Lovely pictures!
    -Lauren ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, neither am I! :D I'm more of and active person in the summer:) Thanks for your comment!
      Clara

      Delete
  4. Woah! That is sooo cool! How much snow do you have now? We have a little..and ice too. :P It was soo pretty yesterday and I took a ton of photos. But, today is too cold. It is -12! :P Have you gotten my letter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are suppose to get up to 16 inches tonight! They closed the highway here, and the snow is causing lots of wrecks to! No I haven't gotten you letter yet......maybe tomorrow:D

      Delete
    2. WHAT!?! 16 inches of WHAT?! :O Oh gosh!!! I sure hope that you are all well. :)

      Delete
  5. That looks like a lot of fun! Sadly we don't get snow down here in Georgia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for commenting, Maddy! Wow! Georgia! I have always wanted to be in a southern state during the winter. :D
    Clara

    ReplyDelete