Thursday, December 18, 2014

Life

Hey all! Its the winter season. I love this time of year! Life has been busy for me this season! It always is. I am doing so much this year, besides school of course. :) My dad and I have been in the college choir here in town, and it has been a blast! We had our last concert last week, and did a flash mob a day or two after that. I enjoyed it so much!
I am also in a musical theater class, hoping to take a american sign language course at the college, possibly take voice lessons and I also got an offer to help some little 1st graders learn to read at the small Christian school my brothers go to, but I don't know if I'll be doing that yet. Yeah, busy huh? But I love being occupied with things and being able to interact with other people.
This year I have been struggling a lot with math. Its been horrible to where I will pretty much break down crying in my room while doing it. My mom knew I was really struggling with understanding it. So she said after Christmas break she was going to start teaching me some practical math instead of doing the math books that I do. For the first two weeks of January and I am going to do the family grocery shopping and all the cooking. My friends and my mom said that I am really going to miss doing the math books once I get a taste of shopping and cooking. I don't know I might. :D Its going to be nerve wracking to get a certain amount of money and have all the things I buy be with in the  price range of money given to me, but great things never come from comfort zones you know! Its going to be interesting thats for sure!
Two weeks ago I wrote our Christmas letter. It was the first time in months that I wrote anything of that type. Last summer I tried to write a book. I had a lady I knew edit it, and when we got together she made me feel that I was just an amateur, and I felt really discouraged afterwards. I had lost my inspiration to write. This spring I read The Book Thief, and afterwards I was very, very obsessed (I still am, ask my best friend:) so I would go through all the book quotes on Pinterest and such and I found this one by Markus Zusak.
Yeah, I've been 'sitting on the couch' with my writing. The thing that I enjoyed to do was thrown away by me. I got discouraged to easily after only one try. I started writing another short story recently and I'm going to edit it, even if it takes me years. I'm going to try again. I really like to write. In another quote by Markus Zusak, he said when he first started writing he would have to drag himself to his desk. I might have to do that! :D
I also took a few months of Ju-jitsu with one of my best friends earlier this year. It was a blast, and I learned so much! I learned a lot of self defense! It also taught me to have a lot of confidence, which is good because I don't have much! Well, that all the highlights of my year! What are some of yours? List them in a comment below if you like. What important lessons have you learned this year?

Clara





6 comments:

  1. Wow! Sounds like you have been busy, a fun busy. :) Just keep writing! Your not gonna get any better if you don't! Believe me, I know. :) Wonderful post. Only seven days until Christmas! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos-- and a great recap of the year.
    Just keep writing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaa! "The Book Thief!"...and I was depressed after watching the movie.. :P That's why I haven't read the book. * grin * I love this post!! I should do something like it.. ;) If you don't mind.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course I don't mind, Julia! Thank you girls! You are so kind and encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Writing is like that, just keep on trying. Have you ever heard of the One Year Adventure Novel course? I would highly recommend it to any one who wants to write better, but writing is never easy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Clare! I will have to look into that! It sounds great! Thank you so much for the sweet advice!
    Clara

    ReplyDelete