Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Making A Good First Impression.


If you were just introduced to, say a shy person at a dinner or activity, how would you handle starting a conversation If you are also shy and nervous? How can you break the ice? What if the person is really talkative?

1. Compliment the person. Say something like "Oh! I really like that bow you are wearing in your hair! Where did you get it?" Or if it is a boy say something like "I really like your shirt!" You might touch on a topic that they enjoy and they just might take off and won't be able to stop talking! If the person is so shy that they answer your questions and then thats it, its hard to keep the conversation going. You just want to say "Gotta go!" But don't do that.... Try to find questions to ask that require more than a yes or no answer. 

2. Eye Contact. Look the person in the eye! Its not gonna kill you, I promise! Its hard, but worth it! It makes the person feel that you really care! Its also just polite, and it makes you look professional! I never use to look people in the eye until I did a Junior Homeschool Toastmasters class we had in our community! Is a great program that teaches you all the elements of public speaking! Its awesome!

3. Smile! No matter if you are talking to a shy person or maybe a person you know, but don't get along with very well, its always nice to smile! :D It also helps the person feel more comfortable getting to know you and will help them open up and talk! Aaaannnnnddddd.......smiling only uses 11 muscles in your face and frowning requires 12! Its lesser work to smile so do it!
This is a short post, but I hope will be helpful to you!
~Clara~


10 comments:

  1. Thank you Grace! Thank you for following! I will have to check out your blog1 i love meeting new bloggers and reading new blogs!
    Clara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Clara! These are really helpful!
    Btw, is that your photo of the girl on the swing? It's really cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eve! No, it isn't my picture. I got it off of Pinterest:D Thanks for your sweet comment!

      Delete
  3. Great post! :-) Great tips too!
    ~Katie@ liliesofgrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great post! Your blog is so motivational, I love it! :)

    arushee | unadorned gifts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Arushee! You are so encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made my own tag, Clare! http://writingforhisgloryblog.blogspot.com/2014/11/winter-wasteland-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Julia! I will have it up soon!
    ~Clara~

    ReplyDelete