Friday, October 10, 2014

Chocolate Book Tag

Hey y'all!
Julia, tagged me for this wonderful tag that I am so excited to do! I love books and reading!

1. Dark Chocolate (A book that covers a dark topic)
Night by Elie Wiesel is about teenaged Elie Wiesel and his father in concentration camps at Auschwitz and Buchenwald during World War 2. Elie becomes weary of taking care of his elderly father, he considered him as a burden on himself. But when his father was beaten to death when Elie was sixteen. Elie listened from an above bunk, afraid of being beaten to. Elie had lost all of his faith in God, and in mankind. What happens next? I can't tell you. I only read half of it and if was just so depressing and also very eyeopening! To just read what Elie had to go through was amazingly tragic! We do not know what hardship is. You will be a different person after reading this book.

2. White Chocolate (A lighthearted and humorous read)

Oh, how I love this book! It is about Laura Ingalls Wilders daughter Rose and her years growing up in the Land Of The Big Red Apple! Full of fun and adventurous stories, this is a must read for young and old!

3. Milk Chocolate (A book with a lot of hype that you're dying to read)
Iv'e heard a lot about this book! And It loos good! Wikipedia says that it is a book about a girl who went through a terribly bad car accident, and falls into a coma. In her dreams she is trying decide weather she will leave the world or stay. I heard that she loves music, especially Ludwig van Beethoven, which is my favorite composer! So I was like "Hey, she loves music!" If anyone has read the book please tell me if it is any good:)

3. Carmel-filled Chocolate (A book that makes you feel all gooey inside)
I'm not (at all) the type that loves to read romantic books. But......this lovely book by Janette Oke is perfect for me. It is filled with Godly character, adventurous western stories and very clean Christian romance. Mrs. Oke wrote this for young girls so that they can see how courtship is really supposed to be. This book didn't make me exactly feel gooey inside, but it was wonderful!

4. Wafer-less Kit-kat (A book that surprises you)
I would have to say the Book Thief, but I will spare you since all I have been talking about is the Book Thief ever since I read it! *(whisper)* "But it really is a good book! But I will have to choose
Roll of Thunder Hear My Cry by Mildred D. Taylor is an eyeopening story of an african american family during the Depression. A time where the african americans were being persecuted because of the color of their skin. After I read this book I think I realized how much the african americans had to go through at that time and how they just 'stuck with it' even though they were being accused of stealing, sent to jail, being refused by the community, anything really. We have no idea of what hard times are compared to these people. I highly recommend this book!

4. Snickers (A book your going nuts about)

I can't help it! THE BOOK THIEF! And I will add another book. Like Gold Refined is the last of four books in the Prairie Legacy. They where all great, but this one is my favorite! The first book starts out about a girl named Virginia, (Marty and Clarks granddaughter from Love Comes Softly) although she is raised in a Christian home, she becomes influenced by the wrong crowd. The books continue as she finds a new faith in God than she had before. She grows in faith, and becomes an amazing young lady and gets married, and I won't tell you the wrest. Read it for your self! I am not kidding, I read the whole series in a week! This is a beautiful story of friendship, faith and Christian character. 

7. Hot Chocolate With Mini Marshmallows (A book you turn to for comfort)
I would have to say the Bible. Though I haven't been reading much of it lately:( I always get out of the habit of reading it. I really need to try to read it more.

8. A Box of Chocolates (A series you feel has something for everyone)


Life of Faith Series Kathleen McKenzie by Tracy Craven. I love these books! Although they are for girls from 8-12 this series are AWESOME!!!!! I have seen young and old read it and absolutely love it! It is set during the Great Depression in Ohio. 12 year old Kathleen MeKenzie was living life. She had a wonderful friend Lucy, she was a wonderful student and she had a faith in God, but when her father lost his job her life shattered. They couldn't afford to live in their modern home with electricity and running water so their family of four had to move into the old farm of her fathers childhood with their aunt, uncle, cousins and grandparents. Kathleen is not a farm girl! She struggles to fit in with her 14 year old cousin Lindsay. She fights to keep her faith steadfast and her heart strong as she struggles through the Great Depression. I love these books! I read them when I was 11 and now I am re-reading them at 14! I wish I could just go back in time and live with Kathleen! She really became my friend!

I tag: 
J


Sorry this is kinda thrown together! I didn't have much time to write a good book review! Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoy my review!
~Clara~







7 comments:

  1. Great post! I will have to look up some of these books.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah! I think you and Julia would like the Kathleen books! They are so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for tagging me, Clara! I will get my post up as soon as I can! :)
    --Rebecca at The Silver Flute

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I am totally going to have to look up some of these books! :D I love talking about book.. ;) Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hee hee! Me to! I just love talking about books! Thats so us!!! :) Right?!
    It was nice to talk to you tonight!
    ~Clara~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ellie Wiesel is a great author. Hard but, profound reads! If you liked 'Night' you should read the book 'Man's Search for Meaning' by Viktor E. Frankl --- one of my all-time favorite books.

    ReplyDelete